Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Hot or Cold Water When Snaking?
Author: george 7941 (Canada)

A few days ago I snaked out a 1 1/2 in ABS kitchen sink drain with my Ridgid K39 and a drop head on a 3/8 cable. I have snaked this drain previously and it is fat clogging it. I ran lots of hot water while snaking and afterwards, hoping to flush away any remaining fat on the pipe walls.

The drain clogged up a couple of days after I had snaked it and I had to go back today. This time I ran cold water.

Do you run hot or cold water while snaking?

Re: Hot or Cold Water When Snaking?
Author: bsipps (PA)

Kitchen sink grease clogs are not fun, sometimes you have to cable them several times to ensure the clog is gone
I use the rigid k50 with 5/8” sectional cables and a drop head when I believe the clog is no longer present I fill the sink sometimes more than once with hot water then repeat with cold water

We can not control what people put down their drains especially renters which is why I believe clogged drains should not be warranted at all or atleast a maximum of 7 days

Author: bernabeu (SC)

For 'insurance' add dishwashing detergent (a lot) to the sink of warm/hot water before 'flushing'.

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: george 7941 (Canada)

My mistake, I used my K375 (Floor Drum machine). This is an island sink with the trap below the floor, so I have to go thru the trap. The drop head and a one inch C cutter heads are the only ones that will go through the trap. A larger head would have cleaned out the line better

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.