Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Log In
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Valley v6804-need advice
Author: Amr708 (IL)

I went to turn down cold water. And the knob twisted off of what I know learned is know called a cartridge! lol.

I’m fairly handy, but no pro! I Got online and slowly discovered the brand of the installed shower in my home. I purchased the home from original owners whom built the home in 1979. I believe the shower to be original.

v6804. Looks to be the right cartridge!

Here’s where it gets fun. I have no immediate water shut off. This is an upstairs master bath. I will have to shut water off to the entire house.

There is no escutcheon installed. The faucet knobs are ran tightly up to the tile. The “nut” is exposed to where I should be able to get a wrench or channel locks on.

Here is my fear: wrenching on said nut and causing a leak. Without any intermediate shut offs, water to my home will be at the mercy of my non professional plumbing skill.

Please help with and and all advice you guys may have!

Penetrating oil

That’s all I got this far.

I’m procrastinating this DIY like no other.


Edited 3 times.

Post Reply

 Re: Valley v6804-need advice
Author: steve (CA)

That's a very straight forward, easy replacement. Just make sure after removing the old cartridge, that the bore of the valve body is clean, where the o-ring on the cartridge seals to the valve body.

Post Reply

 Re: Valley v6804-need advice clap
Author: Amr708 (IL)

Thank you for the reply !

Edited 1 times.

Post Reply

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.