Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Case Toilet Model 3200 Adjustments
Author: Loveof57s (MI)

I have a home with (6) Case model 3200 toilets. I recently installed new Case replacement fill valves on all 6-units. The toilets now flush just fine and the tank balls seal just fine but some of the toilets do not back fill with a sufficient quantity of water in the bowl for the next flush. I cannot find any plumber in my area that knows anything about these toilets. Any suggestions on what I might try to increase the quantity of water that winds up in the bowl at the end of a flush?

Re: Case Toilet Model 3200 Adjustments
Author: steve (CA)

I have no experience with Case 3200 toilets, but if this is the fill valve you have, #44 is labeled as the volume control. Maybe that's the adjustment?

Re: Case Toilet Model 3200 Adjustments clap

Thanks for the post. Yes, the valve shown in your post is the one used on the 3200 model. I just had my valves (all 6 toilets) replaced by a professional plumber. While the plumber knows no more than I do about how the toilets are supposed to work he did a very professional job of replacing the parts with the so called latest generation. Four of the toilets seem to work just fine. The other two SEEM to fill the bowl over a long period of time (2 to 24 hours). I have indeed adjusted the wheel - part #44 in the diagram but it doesn't seem to make much difference on the amount of the fill going into the bowl just after the flush. I am so perplexed to understand where the water to fill the bowl would come from once the valve shuts off the flow of water to the tank. The water level in the tank does not go down after the valve stops the inflow of water to the tank (water into the tank definitely stops flowing). Thanks again.

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

i tiny leak at the flapper could do that. ( add water to the bowl after shutting off).
put some food color in the tank after it shuts off to see if the colored water shows up in the bowl.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

The bowl fill is from the diverter assembly.

The (some) water should be diverted to the bowl ONLY WHILE the tank is filling.

There probably is a way of 'adjusting' said flow, maybe at the arm or the screw?

Check the diagram for the word 'diverter'.

ps. while i am old enough i do not have personal experience with thus model

? VIC ? ? HJ ?

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Thanks for the info - that helps. I'm having some new original design guide bushings made that support the lift wire on the flush valve assembly. The parts that now come with the new flush valve assembly are just a cheap piece of plastic (like a straw) that will not stay in place when the arm goes up and down. The original design of the guide bushing has a "hat" on top of the bushing that holds it in place during the up and down movement of the wire. Once I get the new (old design) bushings I'll see if I have enough courage to take on adjusting the diverter valve without stripping something. Thanks so much for the info - getting smarter a piece at a time.

Also, can someone tell me - when the toilet is flushed, how long should the arm be held down?

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.