Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 "Thin" washer and driers
Author: ether (TX)

Hi, thank you all so much for your invaluable help in the past!

My mother needs a "thin" dryer and washer set. I don't know exactly what to call them, but they're thinner than most others from front-to-back.

I'm hoping someone can lead me to a source for them. They exist, but they're apparently impossible to find.

Edited 1 times.

Re: "Thin" washer and driers
Author: hj (AZ)

Look for "apartment washer and dryer". Lowes has one that is less than 21" DEEP.

Those are stacked, and they can be great for what they are. But she has cabinets up-top. They have to be side-by-side and skinny front-to-back.

Author: bsipps (PA)

Don’t quote me but I believe they don’t have to be stacked

Author: sum (FL)

I have seen what is called "counter depth" refrigerators, washers, dryers because they are designed to not protrude from standard counter depth. Is that what you mean by "thin" depth wise? They are quite popular in Europe and Asia due to smaller apartment living. Those I have seen are usually a combo washer/dryer unit that is one single appliance (not stacked) that does the washer first then the drying and takes like 4 hours to finish a load.

Thank you all!

I searched for "counter depth", and I found these...they should fit:

[www.homedepot.com]

[www.homedepot.com]

I recently had to have the compressor replaced in my LG refrigerator. The guy told me that he services fewer GE appliances than any other. I guess YMMV. I could have replaced my refrigerator with a comparable GE for less than it cost to fix it, but that's neither here nor there.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

27" deep PLUS allow for the rear hose attachment (need 3" even with 'solid' 90 angle adapters)

• Minimum clearance between washer and adjacent walls
or other surfaces: 0" either side, 2" front, 3" rear.
Vertical space from floor to overhead shelving, cabinets,
ceiling, etc. = 60".

from p18 of manual

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Thank you for that heads-up! I think my mother is gonna try to have her plumber recess the dryer hose into the wall to give her a little more room. We'll see how that goes. As you pointed out, the dryer is the primary concern.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

my info was for the WASHER

BUT

the dryer is a bigger issue

[www.bing.com]

pic for example - there are MANY prefab solutions available

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.