Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Need advice on removing sewer clean out
Author: emj417 (MS)

My sewer pipe runs to city pipe, but house next door attached to my line and sits below my home. There is a clean out close to their house. Houses built in late 50s and City will not extend city pipe to their property. I had a tree which roots damaged pipe; my plumber fixed it, I finally removed tree. Later on, city pipe cracked and while they fixed it recommended I put in a clean out. It was in my front yard and could be used by my plumber or even the people next door, even though they had a clean out.
Recently, whenever neighbor has issues, my clean out used by them, leaving crap and tissue in my yard. I have even had to get plumber to reseat the clean out pipe. Currently, cap is off, tissue all in my yard, neighbor and their landlord mum.
I want to have my plumber removed the clean out pipe and just replace the sewer pipe with a regular whole pipe. I know the digging will cost me but it's costing me now. Should I have a new clean out installed closer to house, since my plumber will have equipment on site? The new clean out I'm thinking about will be above the neighbor pipe connecting to my line, therefore they can unstop their own in their yard.
Public works told me about them only having a 3 inch pipe and this isn't the only home in the city where shortcuts were taken back then... The home is on a dead end.

Re: Need advice on removing sewer clean out
Author: bernabeu (SC)

This is a legal issue NOT a plumbing question.

The word TRESPASS comes to mind, as well as the concept of certified mail ......................

'nuf said

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: sum (FL)

I am guessing your neighbor's line where it connects to your line is inside your property but within a utility easement?

Author: hj (AZ)

Not likely. Those were usually "handshake deals" or "middle of the night" connections.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.