Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 "UNIVERSAL" kitchen drain flange to fit disposers of all brands
Author: sum (FL)

I just ran into this and wonder if this is legit? I don't think it is.

[www.amazon.com]

Sink Flange for Garbage Disposal Stainless Steel Fit Universal 3-1/2 Inch Standard Sink Drain Openings Kitchen Sink Garbage Disposal Replacement Accessories

The descriptions:

PREMIUM DISPOSAL FLANGE : 304 Grade Stainless Steel Construction for Maximum Durability, Resistant to Corrosion & Rust. Longer service life, Value for money.?Note: Do not pour high-temperature oil or water directly into the sink drain, which will easily cause the glue on the surface to dissolve and fade.

UNIVERSAL STANDARD SIZE : Fits 3-1/2 inch Diameter Sink Drain Openings. Fits standard all kinds of garbage disposal, embedded or other three-bolt processor flanges.

How can it be universal fit all disposers? I don't get it. I know InSinkerator needs that quick lock mount.

Looking through the reviews it says this item is "FREQUENTLY RETURNED" thinking thinking thinking

I guess too good to be true to have a real universal kitchen flange that will work with any brand disposer.

Edited 2 times.

Re: "UNIVERSAL" kitchen drain flange to fit disposers of all brands
Author: packy (MA)

thats the ISE brand.
i think what they mean is it will fit all 3 1/2 inch sink openings.

Author: sum (FL)

Packy I am still confused after reading this.

It says it fits all brand garbage disposers. I read that and I took that to mean once installed, you can easily mount any brand disposer GE, ISE, Waste King etc...to it's tail end, which obviously you can't.

and I do not see the bottom "half" of it where most brands will have a special configuration for the connection to the GD, like ISE it is a three bolt setup.

UNLESS, this is not meant for mountain on a kitchen sink opening, but it is a sleeve to mount OVER an existing scratched up sink flange so it looks prettier?

Author: steve (CA)

The amount of typos(wrong words) on the entire page alone, would have me stay away from this product. The mention of the glue dissolving and fading if hot water/oil was poured in the sink is an odd comment.

"Fits most all standard 3 1/2 inch US kitchen sink drains and disposals perfectly such as Kohler, Moen, Insinkerator and other garbage disposals."

"Most" all...

Author: bernabeu (SC)

Scroll down the amazon listing and it shows this flange available in MANY finishes.

The site is poorly translated from ???.

I believe the intent was:

Fits all sinks with 3-1/2 holes.

Fits most three bolt mount dispensers.

Be careful of some finishes (like rubbed bronze).

The product being sold is merely the 'trim ring'.

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: hj (AZ)

Possibly like most instructions written by "ESL people", they over simplify the instructions and disregard any problems or exceptions.

Author: Don411 (IN)

Whenever I see the words "fits most" I know the rest of that phrase is "but not yours"...

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.