Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Plumbing Confusion and Chaos
Author: jessicadawn (MO)

OKAY, I have finally found this place and I am hoping that this will get me the answers to the questions that I have Failed horribly to find this far.

:MY SITUATION:

My mother, who is almost 70 years old, has found that she enjoys working on her house... Doing at least the things that she can do by herself or with our family friend who has experience from helping her own mother with there own houses and rental houses. I do not have a problem with this, it makes her happy. We have a very important deal tho, that SHE IS TO IN NO WAY, FOR ANY REASON, try to work on things like electricity, or doing anything to heavy for her or working up on ladders or step stools.(Especially if NO ONE is home with her.
Plumbing is something that she does not have the slightest idea what to do, where, how and where to even start. Just that it is broken and needs badly to be fixed...

She had a few different companies come and give her some kind of estimates and if I recall correctly, took the lower bid with the work she wanted to get done. I'm not so sure about all of that. I should have been more involved from the beginning I feel like, because now more than ever I am so confused and I do not understand the completed job is how it should have or was advertised as being left.

FIRST OF ALL-

There are several things that just don't seem right.

1.) I do understand in the original estimate or bid agreement, that they included that whatever sheet rock that was damaged or whatever was not something that they would be fixing. The tech plainly stated that he does not work on sheet rock.

I don't understand it, but I can accept it because he included it writing informing us prior to the job starting.

2.) I do not understand how things like the shower panels are not exactly lining up correctly and it isn't where you can barely tell either.

Also calking the panel walls upon completion is a normal thing... isn't it?

3.) they didn't put any trim along the bottom or the sides of the wall panels. The size and setup of this shower, I feel like the collection of water on the ceiling is to be expected because of the height of the shower head and the places where the drywall is still missing.

Do all showers not have a panel at the top of showers (walk in showers?)

4.) I don't know about listing things off here somethings could very well be with in another thing, but to me it just seems like a WHOLE LOT OF MONEY-- for the finished product to be way that it ended up.

My mother is almost 70 like I said before, who just paid almost $XXXX for Newer and better(safer) shower to be put into her home, should have a shower she is excited and ready and willing to get into to take a shower.

Instead it's extremely cold for her to use our shower now at the moment. She worries about the fact that the installation could end up on her or in the shower with her at the moment. _OR_ simply that everything would be more comfortable to her and work correctly. ( Once the job was complete, she paid them for the work. I go to take a shower and we have NO hot water in the shower and NO water pressure really at all)

They sent the Tech back out and he fixed that part at no extra cost.

Trying to explain and ask all the questions to try and make some of these things made sense to myself and my mother... it makes me and my thoughts go in circles. I end up frustrated and not getting any information at all let alone answers.

MAYBE someone, somewhere can read my ramblings and find a way to make things a little more clearer than they are.

THANK YOU guys for listening/reading and post a reply for me if you have any kind of opinions or answers for all my chaos, please.
Thank You again. Have a beautiful day!

-----
-----
-----

Note from PLBG:

Rather than deleting jessicadawn's post for violation of our rule we deleted/censored the dollar amount spent as pricing is not allowed

Edited 2 times.

Re: Plumbing Confusion and Chaos
Author: bernabeu (SC)

Tough love:

Your mother is EITHER

competant

or

incompetant.

If competant, she got EXACTLY what she paid for, and, from a legal standpoint, was satisfied with the work as she paid for the job.

If INcompetant, you already know what needs to be done.

Hopefully she hired a LICENSED BONDED INSURED vendor and obtained the REQUIRED BY LAW building permit.

Y'all may try contacting the BONDING insurance company with a complaint, else y'all are sc&^#wed.

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Re: Plumbing Confusion and Chaos
Author: packy (MA)

forum rules...

Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.