Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 High Boiler pressure
Author: Merebai (NJ)

I have a crown boiler will Modell number# ABF 105 SPD
Recently my pressure reducing valve malfunctioned and as result my boiler pressure reading 30-40 and the pressure release valve start to leak a lot. That been said I shut off the water inlet that feeds water to the boiler, good news the leak from relieve valve stopped but the pressure Redding is still high when my boiler kicks off? What should I do next?
On 2019 I replaced the water expansion tank (Ex 15)
I also start to hear a odd noises from the system!

Thank you advance!

Re: High Boiler pressure
Author: bernabeu (SC)

..... Recently my pressure reducing valve malfunctioned .....

replace it

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Re: High Boiler pressure
Author: packy (MA)

for now just let some water out of the system to get the pressure down to about 15 PSI.

you need to replace the boiler fill valve. hopefully you have a shut off on both sides of it making it an easy job.

also the expansion tank should be at least a 30. a 15 is too small.

lastly, be careful running the system with the cold water fill valve shut. if the relief valve decides to dump some more water then there is a danger of the system firing with very little water in it.

if you are lucky, you have a LWCO.. low water cut off. it will not allow the systen to run if the pressure gets below the controls set point.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.