Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 new pump and pressure tank not working correctly
Author: PapaBrian (CO)

Hello All,

I am in a bit of a situation. We live in the mountains of Colorado. We have a well that pumps water up from the ground to the cisterns. Then the pump inside pumps water from the cisterns and into the house. Last Sunday, the pump broke. It quit and threw the breaker.in the same room. That is about the extent of my knowledge of plumbing. I hired a highly rated plumbing company. They have been fantastic. They priced it and we accepted. Every thing with them is fine. But they are stuck with a problem they can't find and so can't solve it. It is not for a lack of effort. They installed it on Wednesday of this week.New shallow pump and a new pressure tank. Since then, they have not been able to get the pump running for just a few seconds and then shut off. We opened all the sinks/tubs/showers and then closed them when the plumbers asked us to. I am not here because of them doing a bad job. They are really good plumbers and very hard workers. No issues at all, except we still do not have water. The plumbers will be back on Monday and I just thought I'd cruise the internet and see what I could find. Any ideas? Please.

I just realized how much I wrote.Sorry.

Thanks for any suggestions.If I knew what they had already tried, I'd let you know. But I could see they tried a lot of things.

Thanks Everyone.

Brian

Re: new pump and pressure tank not working correctly
Author: packy (MA)

sounds like a wiring problem to me.

reputable company ?

why did they go home and leave you with no water ?

Re: new pump and pressure tank not working correctly
Author: DaveMill (CA)

>No issues at all, except we still do not have water.

In other words, complete and utter failure. What kind of professional would leave you without the ability to flush the toilet? Technically your home is not habitable at this time. This is not a plumbing issue, it is a professionalism issue. They should have driven to Home Depot or their supply house to purchase something like this for you to use over the weekend [www.homedepot.com]

When they arrive Monday, politely but firmly explain that you need to have water by end of day or you are cancelling the contract, Suggest that they immediately contact both the pump manufacturer AND their best local electrical contractor buddy to make that happen.

Edited 4 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.