Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Please tell me what this kind of valve is
Author: muk33 (SC)

Hi, We have a leak in this valve in my garage. Its located just above the water shut off valve for the home. The house is only 5 years old, so maybe this is some sort of regulator valve our county requires? I have asked several people and no one knows. thank you!

Edited 2 times.

Re: Please tell me what this kind of valve is
Author: bernabeu (SC)

[www.cashacme.com]

installation: [www.cashacme.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: muk33 (SC)

If this is a pressure regulator valve, is this why my water pressure is weak from my showers and sinks? Is it needed? Can I replace with something that wont restrict my water pressure?
thank you!

Author: bsipps (PA)

I would replace it
They are not usually installed if they are not needed

Thanks Bern 1 missing word can mean all the difference

Edited 2 times.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

There are not usually installed if they are needed

They are not (usually) installed if they are not needed.

They are installed when the supply pressure is over 80 psi and are code required to keep the downstream pressure UNDER 80 psi, 45-50 psi is a general 'good' set point.

Simply purchase the same valve and change out the 'guts', they are factory set for 45 but you can raise set point to 60 if you wish.

? What does your plumber say ?

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

if you look at fig 7 in the instructions , you will see there is an internal filter screen. it just may be clogged with debris ?

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.