Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Toilet waste line
Author: Ryans design (OR)

Building an ADA bathroom. To get the proper 1/4' slope down to my septic I need the main waste line to be no more than 12" below the finished floor. Looking to use a 3" combo sweep tee athe the toilet wall (picking up the sink up hill). Could this work with the vent just up hill from the horizontal combo sweep tee if it's under 6ft? Any other ideas here? Thanks!

Edited 2 times.

Re: Toilet waste line
Author: bsipps (PA)

Using terms like offset closet flange, close to 12”, and long sweep tee make me question your ability to install an ADA bathroom, these types of designs have certain very strict clearances depending on what type of Ada bathroom it is your toilet must be 16” to 19” from the short side wall as well as clearances for the pedestrian

Perhaps you should hire a contractor

Around here no matter what radius the sweep a tee on its back or side will not pass inspection

Author: packy (MA)

i would use a 10 invch rough elongated toilet instead of an offset flange.
if the tee you are talking about is a "combo" (wye and 1/8 bend) then you are fine.

The horizontal long sweep wye brings the toilet flange about 15" o.c. from the back wall.

Author: bsipps (PA)

14” rough in toilet will work
Aim for 17 3/4” to 18” off finished close side wall
Toilet handle must be on the wider side of the stall/wall

Edited 1 times.

Thanks yeah I'm doing 18" from close wall. Yes handle on sink side. I just need to make sure that there is enough space for the 5' turn radius. Bathroom is going to be 6'4 x 7'. Thanks for your advice!

Author: bernabeu (SC)

kudos for the 'big' space

the MINIMUM is:

It is a very good thing to EXCEED the minimum code as you are doing.

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: packy (MA)

look at a Toto unifit toilet. Toto makes the best toilets. (in my opinion)

don't be intimidated by the adapter. it's really quite easy to install.

[www.totousa.com]

Thanks. Yeah I like Toto! Especially the Toto washlet!! Anything else is uncivilized!

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.