Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Aquasource Shower Handle Removal
Author: Fixdad5 (TN)

Hello,
I discovered there is a slow drip type leak from the shower head. I watched some YouTube videos as to the cause and how to fix the leak. However, I cannot identify any screw or anything on the handle assembly to loosen so I can remove said assembly and get to the cartridge for repair. Does anyone know how to properly remove the handle assembly? Thank you!
[postimg.cc]

Edited 1 times.

Re: Aquasource Shower Handle Removal
Author: steve (CA)

I believe the handle is retained to the stem by the bell, between the lever and the escutcheon plate. Turn the bell and the handle should come off with the bell as an assembly.

Author: packy (MA)

does the handle move independently of that flying saucer shaped part?
hold the handle and try turning that part CCW. if that doesn't work try what steve advised.

Thank you both. I tried and it must be locked on tight. I can't get that middle piece to move either ccw or cw. Maybe I just live with a slow drip...

Author: bernabeu (SC)

....... or call a plumber for an 'on site' evaluation

ps. if there is truly no visible screw or very small recessed allen screw the bell itself MUST unscrew

have you checked the head of the handle itself CAREFULLY to ensure there is no snap in or screw off cap for screw access?

you may need a plumber's grade strap wrench and some plaster powder for 'grip' to unscrew it

pps. aquasource is/was a Lowes 'inhouse' brand, very, very, inexpensive - you may need to have the shower valve replaced with something more readily serviceable a/k/a delta, moen. ffister

BUT

from another forum:

Aquasource shower handle - xyz Plumbing & Remodel
WebJul 28, 2023 ยท #1 I am trying to remove an Aquasource shower handle which is leaking at the stem. I have removed the tiny hex screw underneath the handle casing but the handle still will not come off

look AGAIN for the TINY set screw underneath

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

they have different handles. some do have a little set screw some don't

exactly

Sorry for late reply. Life is busy. So I cannot get it off regardless of what tool I use. I think I plan to call a plumber and replace the whole assembly/valve. I assume they would have to cut the wall open to do that kind of work in order though replace the main valve part behind the cartridge. I will definitely go with Delta or something else.

Author: steve (CA)

I believe this link is the instructions for your faucet. The handle and bell are a multi-piece assembly, that gets installed and removed as an assembly. The bell will unscrew and the handle will come off with the bell.
[pdf.lowes.com]

steve 'nailed it'

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.