Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 692,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing advice, answers, information, help and suggestions are provided here by experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to others. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING forum. If you have questions and are looking for answers or wish to discuss anything about toilets, sinks, faucets, drainage, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other exclusively PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Log In
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 What is an "Old Style" Delta shower trim
Author: shadaddy23 (FL)

Hey there. I'm interested in replacing the shower fixtures at my 1982-built house. I was able to replace the shower head and the faucet, but when it came to the handle trim, I couldn't replace the existing valve with the newly purchased valve without ripping up the wall. So, at present, it still has the old valve (still in the wall) and the old handle (a crystal ball). A plumber came to take a look at it and said the easiest fix would be to find trim for an "old-style Delta valve" so that I could leave that existing valve in place and just put a matching handle on it. The existing trim handle is one of those crystal balls and we want to change it out for a lever. But I don't know how to find that trim since I don't have a part number for that valve, only a description as an "old style delta valve." Can anyone help me figure out how to find trim for that? Thanks for any help you can provide. ~Wade

Post Reply

 Re: What is an "Old Style" Delta shower trim
Author: Curly (CA)

Our sponsor has this breakdown.....


Post Reply

 Re: What is an "Old Style" Delta shower trim
Author: steve (CA)

To switch from crystal knob to lever will require the replacement of the valve ball(RP20111) and the cam(RP61).

Post Reply

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:

Copyright© 2023 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.