Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Keeping a spray hose from hooking on the cold water pipe
Author: ArthurPeabody (NM)

This seems simple but my only solution uses a bit of 3/4" PVC pipe
I have mounted to a scrap of 1×4 vertically. Can you think of something better?

Re: Keeping a spray hose from hooking on the cold water pipe
Author: bernabeu (SC)

? proper rough dimensions to accommodate the desired fixtures ?

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: packy (MA)

i feel your pain..

i have cut a piece of 4 inch PVC in half lengthwise and stood one half upright under the hose and weight.

each situation is different depending on the location of what it is that is in the way.

Author: sum (FL)

I don't understand the problem. I try to picture it and still don't get it.

Author: steve (CA)

I believe the OP is referring to the pullout sprayer hose getting looped around the angle stop and needing a guide to keep that from happening.

Author: sum (FL)

For some reason I was picturing a coil of garden hose on the exterior getting caught, so this is about the pullout or pulldown kitchen faucet hose usually with a donut weight and when pulling up getting caught if the shutoff valves are protruding from the wall.

In my limited experience, I the hose does not get caught on the actual supply piping, but more so on the shutoff valves, especially the traditional multi turn valve where the turn knob with two pointed ends, the hose slides along the pipe but a multi turn knob stops it.

What I did was I changed them to compression quarter turn valves. A quarter turn valve has a small tear shaped knob, and with a compression connection, you can orient the valve such that when turned on, the pointed end of the knob goes up, and the faucet tubing connection also point up, this means the bottom has no interference. So when I pull on the hose, even if it's caught on a pipe, it will slide out and not be caught by the faucet tubin or by the valve knob.

Author: ArthurPeabody (NM)

Sorry for my vagueness. It's the spray hose
under the kitchen sink. The cold pipe is 15"
below the sink; the hose reaches 21" below.
I already have a quarter-turn angle stop
valve. The hose catches on the pipe. Here's
a picture:[ibb.co]

Author: steve (CA)

Can you remove the angle stop, install a 90* and relocate the stop somewhere to the left of where it currently is? To prevent this issue, when I can, I install the in-wall piping and stops away from the center of the faucet location.

grinning smiley 16-8-22 grinning smiley

Author: packy (MA)

bern, those are old school numbers.

nowadays there are a few factors that don't allow your numbers to work.

alot of customers choose a faucet with a pull down hose feature. these have that big donut shaped weight at the bottom.
some customers choose a 10 inch deep sink with a 1 HP disposer. the 16 inch rough is borderline too high.

just about everyone has a dishwasher which complicates the below sink piping.

more people are adding a filter of some sort.

anyway i rough kitchen waste at 14-14 1/2 and keep the hot and cold way over to the side the DW is on. the pex stubouts are red and blue so no one can mix them up.

tongue sticking out smiley

agree

Author: DaveMill (CA)

Packy wrote:
>i have cut a piece of 4 inch PVC in half lengthwise and stood one half upright under the hose and weight.

I did something similar. I cut a slot into a piece of 4 inch PVC so that it would slide over the valve while resting on the floor. The slot was just snug enough to put a little tension on the sides of the valve, so no fasteners were required. That worked great for about 12 years until I sold the house.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.