Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 What brand to buy to update old Valley shower handles.
Author: Tallgrl230 (TN)

I have a general contractor who informed me I have two showers with old Valley fittings for the shower handles. The ones on there are the old clear plastic ones that you pull up to turn on and then push side to side for hot and cold.

The contractor says I can't buy another brand of handle and put it on the Valley fixture. He wants to charge me $1,500 each to swap them out for a current brand so I can update the handles to match the new gold showerheads I have installed! $1,500??? I suspect he's overcharged me for other things, but this seems like way too much!

Is there another brand out there that makes handles that will fit on the Valley fixture? I see I can buy exact replacements for it from Danco, but my goal is to update them with a gold, modern looking handles.

Thanks!

*****Please note!!! I'm not looking for Valley Parts!! I'm asking if there is another brand of handle that will fit on the Valley brand fixture. Does Delta, Moen, American Standard, etc work with the old Valley plumbing in my house?

Edited 1 times.

Re: What brand to buy to update old Valley shower handles.
Author: bernabeu (SC)

'Quality' gold color fixture trim is generally polished brass - very very expensive.

eg. [www.kohler.com]

(prices for trim ONLY)

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: packy (MA)

search for 'fits all' shower trim. you might find something..

Author: Curly (CA)

Our sponsor has a large selection of Valley parts.....If they don't have want you need maybe they can order it.

[www.plumbingsupply.com]

Author: vic (CA)

PlumbingSupply.com still offers the largest selection of Valley parts anywhere however Valley went out of business many years ago and so sadly we are not able to supply any parts not specifically already showning on all of our Valley parts pages.

Author: Tallgrl230 (TN)

Yes, thank you. I've discovered this since I've already upgraded the shower head and bathtub spout to champagne bronze. I'm asking if there is a company that manufactures handles that fit the Valley plumbing so I can purchase a champagne bronze (or gold or even black) handle to match the shower head.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

best i could find: [www.amazon.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: steve (CA)

Can you provide a picture of the valve stem, that the handle attaches to?

Author: sharp1 (IL)

Check with a local powder-coating company to see what colors they have that match or blend with your new fixtures. Black is easy. Many shades of gold are probably available.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.