Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Outdoor Hose Spigot Shut off Valve in the Way !
Author: Lee (NJ)

Question : I have a lateral drain pipe coming from the kitchen sink upstairs. I need to get more pitch for this drain pipe.I cant because I have a shut off valve for an outdoor hose spigot in the way !
Any suggestions would be appreciated ? I have pictures.

Thank you.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Outdoor Hose Spigot Shut off Valve in the Way !
Author: steve (CA)

If that was mine to do, I would cut the overhead horizontal pipe, disassemble the valve and try to unsweat it from the lower pipe stub. I would install a coupling on top of the stub, run up and over the drain and install a new ball vale on the overhead horizontal run.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

perfect

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Okay. I temporarily remove the horizontal drain so I can work. I install a coupling. The piping goes in the same direction vertical against the wall behind the drain pipe that will later be reinstalled ? Then I install a ball valve downstream ?

Edited 1 times.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

the normal water flow is from the horizontal run INTO the hose cock

the valve is there for 'frost proofing' during freezing weather (close inside valve permitting the OPEN hose cock to drain and empty)

therefor you are relocating the valve UPstream to the horizontal to provide clearance for the drain pipe

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Don411 (IN)

Relocating the shutoff as described is your best option. Plan B would be to use a pair of 45's on the drain pipe to bump it out from the wall and allow it to run in front of the shutoff.

Thankful to all applause

I am really thankful for all of everyone's help.

Edited 2 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.