Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 3 inch toilet drain pipe too low?
Author: jgaff22 (MA)

what the heck do i do now?
there is a 3 inch drain pipe roughly 2 inches below the finish floor. What type of flange should i use? The standard 3x4 flange will only have 1/8 inch of overlap with the drain pipe. Is there a 3x4 flange with a longer tail?

Re: 3 inch toilet drain pipe too low?
Author: bsipps (PA)

Yes extended flanges are sold in plastic and cast iron usually not stocked at the big box stores

ahh ha, so they do exist, i can't find them anywhere

Author: steve (CA)

What do you have sticking up? A pipe stub or hub? ABS or PVC?

Author: bernabeu (SC)

[www.bing.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

3 inch PVC elbow sticking up but the very top of this pipe is 2 inches below finished floor.
How much overlap between the flange and the drain do I need to glue safely? Right now the extended flange i have only gives me 3/4 inch of overlap to glue.

Edited 2 times.

Author: steve (CA)

Glue a 3" pipe in the elbow and use a 4x3 flange(over 3" pipe/inside 4" ).

Edited 1 times.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

ditto

'glue' (solvent weld is the proper term) a too long piece of 3" into the ell so you get full depth in the joint

cut after you get the flange - cut so the BACK of the flange is even with the finished floor even though you will not be able to 'bolt 'er down' - the horn of the WC should sit INSIDE the flange

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.