Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Delta, single handle kitchen faucet cartridge problem?
Author: plant59 (NY)

I have replaced the cartridge (1H Valve) in my single handle Delta kitchen faucet 4 times in the last 3 yrs (The faucet was a new install, 3 yrs ago). It squeaks (rubber on rubber) sounds and in hard to turn off. After replacing the cartridge, it is so smooth, no squeaks and I can turn it on an off easily with one finger. Now after 4 weeks, I am having the same problem again. Why does the new cartridge work like magic, but for only 4 weeks? Could it be due to hard water (test showed 21)? If so, why wasn't this a problem with my previous Delta faucet? Is there something other than the cartridge that is causing the problem? Thanks, Jan

Re: Delta, single handle kitchen faucet cartridge problem?
Author: packy (MA)

do you clean the aerator at all?

i'm thinking debris is causing your problem.. BUT if there is any debris present it would show up in the aerator ???

good thought, just finished taking it apart, looks good, very little deposits, I hear what you are saying ...you would think if it was a hard water mineral build up, I would see it in the aerator.

Author: steve (CA)

Are you using Delta cartridges or aftermarket? Can you disassemble the cartridge and some silicone plumber's grease?

I am using Delta cartridges (sent directly from the company) It looks like a it is one solid unit. Not sure if I would attempt to take it apart to grease it. These cartridges today are contained units, not much to replace like 40 yrs ago (o rings, springs, etc) Delta tech support suggested "back flushing", so I guess I will give that a try.

Author: steve (CA)

Is this the cartridge? Releasing the tabs should allow disassembly of the cartridge.

It worked! clap

thank you for this pic, the extra lubricant worked, smiling smiley

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.