Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Drain vanity and kitchen bathroom into one drain
Author: Misotab (Canada)

Hi
I have 1 1/2" drain in my basement which was built by the builder for bathroom vanity.

I'm going to add a kitchen behind bathroom wall and put its sink there. I did some research and realized that I can't have both on the same drainage line because one would be remained unvented,
I'm wondering if I go with the following system, it will work out?

P.s. all pipe will be 1 1/2"

[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]

Edited 1 times.

Re: Drain vanity and kitchen bathroom into one drain
Author: bernabeu (SC)

perfect

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Lorensr (CA)

Bern, Shouldn't the pipe under the San Tee be 2"?

Appreciate that.
And one question would be if I should use sanitary tee on my vent line or Vent tee?

yes - 2"

Author: packy (MA)

get the horizontal portion of the green vent pipe up to 42 inches off the floor (minimum).

Author: Don411 (IN)

Bern's gummies are kicking in smiling smiley

I ran into an issue and even though I did most of plumbing, will have to relocate my vanity to the opposite side of bath.

Do you believe if I run my pipe like the following picture, it will work out( without a vent)
If not, can I tap into the vent I added on top?

Many thanks
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]

will not work w/o a vent - too long if properly pitched forming an s trap

the vent line as you drew it needs to be MINIMUM 42" above floor

? shower in the way ?

you 'could' use a local AAV in the cabinet for the new vanity

gaaah gaassp choke

Edited 1 times.

Author: bsipps (PA)

FYI s-traps are still legal in Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Author: packy (MA)

your second picture will work fine
the vent connection can be up to 60 inch from the trap. so, maybe the vent connection can be on the shower side of the corner.
BTW, you have a shower valve and water piping on an outside wall in canada ????

Author: george 7941 (Canada)

It is in the basement, so risk of freezing, even on an outside wall, is minimal.Also the lines are pex.

I occasionally still come across shower valves on outside walls on upper floors. As long as the furnace keeps the house warm, the pipes won't freeze. On the other hand, if the furnace broke down and the heat was off for a day or two and it was realy cold outside (less than 0*F), then all bets are off.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.