Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Can I count on this other fixture's vent to vent the WC? - the second try
Author: ArthurPeabody (NM)

I went to the store, laid out all the parts, see that I have to switch the order. In the second try the Wye + Eighth Bend that plumbs the WC (which is rear-discharge, so comes out of the plane of the picture) connects directly to drain; the Wye + Eighth Bend that plumbs the clothes washer connects to the left of the WC's. Can I count on the washer's vent to vent the WC? Something seems funny about having a vent behind the direction of flow. Picture at [ibb.co]

Re: Can I count on this other fixture's vent to vent the WC? - the second try
Author: steve (CA)

The toilet would be wet vented by the clothes washer drain and that is not allowed. Only bathroom fixtures can be a part of the wet vent system. The toilet would need a separate vent and that can run parallel with the vertical clothes washer vent and tie them together at least 6" above the flood level of the standpipe.

Author: ArthurPeabody (NM)

Thanks. I thought about it more after I asked, thought it was a bad idea to have a vent upstream of a trap.

After more thinking I think I need a double wye with a 2" side inlet, with eighth-bends on the wye arms. Charlotte makes one in 3", part # 611S. The 'octopus', the part I already have, [ibb.co] is this, with the bonus that the wyes are 2", what I want. (The Charlotte's are 3".) I have to rotate it 45° and move it away from the west wall at least 9". I do that with an eighth bend the other way attached to a 90° elbow.

Author: steve (CA)

What you wanted to do is perfectly legal, if instead of the laundry standpipe, you had a bathroom sink drain. The toilet can be wet vented with another bathroom fixture.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.