Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Identify tub fixtures. Repair help.
Author: TedT-CA (CA)

Hi,
The house I moved into has a soaker tub and I an trying to figure out what to do with the fixtures.

First, anyone able to identify the ones in the photo? The tub and most ,if not all, the fixtures and tubs etc appear to have been Kohler. The faucet is a 180 degree turn.

To remove the fixture, I have taken off the handle and there is a big flange that I see no way of removing. Any ideas on this?

No plumber has said there is enough room to get up to the back of the faucet to replace it, or do I just have the wrong plumber. If is a small door below the tub in the laundry room and the faucet is a good 18-24" up with little space between the wall and the tub. I was hoping the rear of the faucet could be preconnected with copper or flex-pipe so the connections could be made closer to the bottom of the tub.

Thanks

Faucets
[i.postimg.cc]

Under soaker tub
[i.postimg.cc]

Underside of tub
[i.postimg.cc]
[i.postimg.cc]

Re: Identify tub fixtures. Repair help.
Author: Curly (CA)

Remove handle and trim to expose top of stem...may help to ID brand.

Looks like Delta.

Post a picture of entire tub with spout etc....

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

it is a delta.
google.. "delta roman tub rough in faucet"

Photos below.

I tried to loosen the nut on top - blew the valve out and flooded my bathroom - live and learn.

Looks like the brass plate has been messed with - does this need to be turned to get the faucet out?

The left faucet is not straight, I assume if the plate is loosened, it can be turned a few degrees and aligned with the other faucet.

But 2 bigger issues, the screw holding the handle does not hold any more, I think it is the thread in the faucet. Also, the whole house has been converted to bronze fixtures except these, so I'd love to confirm there are replacements and maybe I can find a plumber adventurous enough to try and replace them. Last 2 passed, though one recommended replacing the whole tub at the same time.

[i.postimg.cc]

[i.postimg.cc]

[i.postimg.cc]

I sent photos and spoke to Delta, they say it is not one of theirs and also said they never mad a 180 degree turn faucet. Of course, that doesn't mean teh guy was inexperienced either.

Author: steve (CA)

I don't see that big of an issue with replacing the valves as you stated, with pre-assembling the pipes. What access do you have for replacing the spout? By the way, you have an illegal S trap on the tub.

Author: bsipps (PA)

In my experience glacier bay looks a lot like delta

Is there no name on the bottom of the spout?

I have not seen any logo anywhere. Here is a photo of the drain contoler if that helps.

[i.postimg.cc]

I kind of thought the same thing if the faucet controls don't need to be fastened to the under side of the deck with screws. If they just have to go up and through the hole in the tub with a nut on the top side, I think you could do it with long pipes or flex pipes on the faucets.

The spout is on the other side of the deck and you can't see the bottom, I think I just held a camera there. But might be able to do the same thing. but might take a little work to fish it up to the hole in the deck.

On the current faucets and spout, I don't see any screws on the underside so if the plates/nuts on the deck side are loosened, these should fall out of place?

Can't comment on the drain, was that way, but there is very little clearance between the tub and top of the ceiling below, I think the convoluted wraparound was all that would work.

I posted an image of the trap showing the tub and the drywall of the ceiling below.

Other photo - I also loosened the spout ring a little and lifted it up - looks like a rubber gasket. But the whole thing moved up and down so I am certain the underside would fall out if the ring was loosened all the way. Not sure what holds the spout in, I assume it will just pull out once the ring is totally loose. I'm an engineer, not a plumber, so only have my view on this stuff.

[i.postimg.cc]

[i.postimg.cc]

[i.postimg.cc]

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.