Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Any Idea on Make and Model?
Author: 120volts (CA)

Shower leaks and I need to change the valve. Any idea on the make and model of the faucet or better yet valve?

Edited 1 times.

Re: Any Idea on Make and Model?
Author: packy (MA)

the orientation of the trim screws make me think delta or delta knock off.

Author: Tom130 (IL)

It's a Moen (says it on the escutcheon), looks like a moentrol. Where is it leaking from that you think you need a new valve?

Thanks, Packy, but...

I zoomed on my customer's pic and it says Moen on the bottom. My bad!

Any idea on model number and valve number?

Tom130:

Valve won't close all the way and showerhead leaks. Just need to identify the cartridge and replace. Does not pull out so it can't be a 1225.

1200 or 1222?

I want to buy it before I go to customer's house. They're far from a store. In case you're wondering why I just don't pull it out. smiling smiley.

Author: hj (AZ)

1200 is the brass version of the1225. You need the 1222. call 1-800-BUY-MOEN.

Author: bsipps (PA)

Doesn’t it bother anybody that this guy is constantly making money off of all our Free advise on a site dedicated to helping homeowners who truly can’t afford costly plumbing repairs and just need advice on how to fix their own issues

WHAT ARE YOU TAKLKING ABOUT?????

he is actually saving his customers money by getting it right the first time.

Re: Any Idea on Make and Model? thumbs

Thank you, hj and packy! You guys are awesome!

Edited 1 times.

Re: Any Idea on Make and Model? applause
Author: NP16 (OR)

Homeowners, this handyman guy, and plumbers all get free advice on this website.
It has been a tremendous help with me growing my plumbing skills and knowledge.
All who contribute on this forum thank you for sharing your expertise.

Edited 1 times.

Author: bsipps (PA)

There is no technical skill in identifying a particular brand of faucet

Edited 1 times.

i'm sure if vic was to chime in on this , he would agree that we are people helping people.
direct quote.... " Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, pricing, where to purchase a product, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing.'...
my my opinion is to respond to what you want or don't respond to what you don't want.
vic (and more?) has a big red DELETE button in front of him. so let him draw the line as we go along helping who we believe truly needs help.

Edited 1 times.

Author: vic (CA)

Thanks Packy. Yes, quite often it is tough to decide where to draw the line and I understand how one could feel like bsipps. How I view this particular issue is that those experts, if they feel like bsipps towards a specific person or issue is to simply ignore that person or issue.

I see it similar to when I am financially helping charities where I observe some in an organization or recipients as what I perceive as "freeloaders" (I'm not suggesting anyone here who has posted is a "freeloader" ) . When I do perceive that I ask myself how much overall that charity is helping make this a better world and I go from there.

No one is perfect, we all have our ups and downs, as well as no help site such as ours is perfect and we just have to do what we feel is best for us as well as society.

Thank you all here who are and who have helped so many others.

Sorry, folks. I didn't mean to stir it up. I've been a general handyman for a long time and I always come to the job prepared as much as I can. Plumbing is not my forte so I always want to make sure I can do the job for my customers. I'm on Yelp with 123 out of 125 five star reviews. I am honest, and like probably all of you, I work hard and my goal is to always get the job done and make the customers happy.

Most of my jobs are far away from a store so I end up charging customers less when I come to the job with the right part(s) in hand. Sometimes I won't take the job if I can't identify the part.

That said, this website and the contributors are most outstanding ever, and have seldom failed at helping me. I also go through the threads daily just to learn more about plumbing (and love Packy's entertaining projects!). It's been a great education to see how plumbing works (and how plumbers think). Not an easy profession.

If I could contribute to this website monetarily, I surely would! Or if there's a voluntary donation fund to it, someone let me know!

Edited 1 times.

As someone sid, "we do not charge for identifying the part. we charge for knowing how to find the identity."

Author: Curly (CA)

Making the world a better place one Moen cartridge at a time.

Ask away....smiling smiley

Delta, Pfister, and Kohler, also.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

An old joke:

One day in 1892 'Old Bess', the steam locomotive , simply would not move no matter how much steam was fired or what adjustments were tried.

Soooo, they called in Casey the Engineer to travel from Pennsylvania 'all expenses paid' and have a look.

Casey walked around 'Bessie' then took out a small brass tapping hammer from his vest pocket and gave a light ping.

Old Bess was fixed !

They asked him 'How much do we owe you?', to which he replied '$100.00'.

!!! $100 for a little tap !?!?!? they howled in complaint.

'No, no, no' replied Casey '5 cents for the tap AND $99.95 for knowing WHERE to tap'.

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

With IBM it was $1.00 for the tap, and $2,000.00 for knowing where to tap.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

Worked for M*****L Plumbing here in Myrtle Beach.

Had a call out to a small town (? think it was Cleo ?) for the USPS which involved a total of 6-1/2 hours round trip travel time at the 'usual' rate for two men (mech. and helper).

Cleaned an aerator. Adjusted the W/C tank fill level (since I was there already and there was a 1/2 hour minimum charge).

done

the only easy day i ever had

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Went to a doctor's house because his fill valve was cycling. I asked if he had a pair of scissors. He gave them to me and I cut off the end of the refill tube and reinserted it in the overflow pipe, Then gave him an invoice for the one hour minimum fee. Now, THAT, was an easy job.

On that note, I can't tell you how many times I had a customer frantic about power outage and I quickly identified the problem as...a simple GFCI aka: GFI reset.

Edited 2 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.