Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Delta R2707 handle issue - Trim T2751
Author: BizzyM (FL)

Exactly the same as this problem: [www.plbg.com]

Contracted out a bath remodel. Had them replace existing roman tub rough in with Delta R2707. Handles are pointing inward toward the center instead of out when closed. I rotated the valve stems, but that's not a solution. Looking at the installation instructions, the only thing that makes sense to me is that they somehow installed the valves backwards, but that would take effort to bend the fill lines around the inlet line to hook it to the fill neck. There is no way to verify this because the tub surround has already been tiled in.

Is there anything else that this could be? Does the valve stem disassemble to rotate the bottom relative to the top? Looking at the other thread:
[www.plbg.com]
it seems that this is a rare problem, but not unique.

Edit: Trim is T2751

Edited 2 times.

Re: Delta R2707 handle issue
Author: bernabeu (SC)

[media.deltafaucet.com]

if that does not help you will need to 'call back' the installer

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Curly (CA)

Call Delta.

They are open today.

Author: hj (AZ)

HAve you tried interchanging the handles?

Handles are identical.

Re: Delta R2707 handle issue - Trim T2751

I also found this question [www.plbg.com] that seems to indicate that either there are different valve stems manufactured in different orientations, or that the valve stem itself is adjustable.

I've tried rotating the valve stem 180, but that only affects the direction the handle turns. It doesn't affect on/off orientation.

Are you sure? The internal "hubs' may be opposite, especially if there are red and blue handles.

When you remove the handles, what is the orientation of the "flats" on the stems? Both facing the sane way, both to the inside, or both to the outside. If "the same way, then the handles are NOT the same.

Author: steve (CA)

yep ... as per 4A [media.deltafaucet.com]

The handles are identical. Trim is T2751. Handles are solid, so I can't reorient the handle in relation to the keyed stem socket.

The keyed valve stems face opposite directions. I've tried rotating the valve body, but that only changes the direction the handles turn.

Looking at the valve stem itself, the keyed stem is locked into the bottom piece which controls the flow of water. This doesn't seem to be adjustable. However, a link I recently added as a reply has someone changing valve stems and it change the orientation of their handles. This seems to indicate that this could be adjustable.

Looking into the valve body, there are 2 holes. One would be the inlet, the other goes to the fill neck. I'm hoping to find time to investigate which is which on my installation. Looking at the installation instructions, the hole furthest from the fill neck should be the inlet, and the once closest should be to the fill neck. Looking at how the valve stem is constructed, it seems to be that mine were installed backwards. But again, that seems like it would take more effort to achieve than installing it correctly.

..... that seems like it would take more effort to achieve than installing it correctly.

I often state: "Never have I seen people work so long and hard to do it wrong and make less money!"

When one has limited health insurance (poor vision, glasses from 1 hour are us), no actual trades training (apprenticeship or trade HS), poor literacy (no child left behind) then how can one install 'stuff' as per the instructions. "Technical Service Writer" is a dead job description - modern 'manuals' are 'pictoral'.

once upon a time HS diplomas were EITHER academic or general

today they are ALL general

Yeah, I've gone ahead and ordered a replacement R2707 just so that I can verify and prove to the contractor what the correct orientation of the valve bodies should be by referencing the ports under the valve stem. If they did install it backwards, they'll probably need a replacement rough-in due to not wanting to re-bend the fill neck lines 180. If I'm wrong, well, Amazon's gonna get a return and I'll be back to figuring out what the heck is going on.

I'll post a follow up after it gets delivered today.

Re: Delta R2707 handle issue - Trim T2751 big grin

So Sorry for not posting an update. The replacement rough-in came in and just as I suspected, it was installed with the valve bodies turned 180. It's actually not that hard to do considering how flexible the neck lines are. Called the contractor and he sent over a guy to verify. They had to cut a tile out to get access and it was backwards.

Apparently, there are some Delta tub trims were the handle levers are separate from the handle body and can be repositioned. T2751 isn't one of them.

Edited 1 times.

thanx for the update

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.