Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Washer p trap
Author: JoeJoe G (SC)

I recently discovered that my washing machine drain does not have a trap. I have a picture here of the connection in my crawl space with the sewer pipe showing the old cast iron vent going to the roof and the 2 inch pipe going to the washing machine that transitions to a 1-1/2 pipe through the floor. The second picture is my plan to add a P trap replacing the 1-1/2 pipe with a 2 inch and putting the trap outside the wall as I can not find a way to put it in the wall.

I'm not sure if I am creating an S trap this way or if I need to put in a tee and add an AAV going up the wall and cutting out a space to make it accessible. I need to know if the vent connection you can see in the crawl space picture is acceptable and would pass inspection and if my planed P trap would also pass inspection. The picture with the trap also shows a 90 degree elbow that would get it a bit closer to the wall but I am not sure if that elbow is acceptable. I am also wondering what the height of the standpipe needs to be and if it could be a few inches lower. It is about the height of the washer now. The P trap horizontal piece is more than 4 inches long and although it is sitting on the floor now, it would be several inches higher at the top of that cut out making the horizontal section more than 6 inches from the floor. I have tested these pieces dry fitted down to the sewer line below.

I have tried for over a week now to get a local plumber to come and look at this for me but so far have been unsuccessful. I am now covering the existing no trap connection with a rubber cap and only take it off when we use the washing machine. I am grateful for any advice.

[i.postimg.cc]
[i.postimg.cc]

Edited 1 times.

Re: Washer p trap
Author: bernabeu (SC)

GAG CHOKE PUKE

EVERYTHING needs to be torn out and redone

At this point, PENDING A PLUMBER AND A PERMIT, you could simply add a trap in the crawl space .......................

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: hj (AZ)

AFTER turning the backwards tee around?

Author: bsipps (PA)

Yes the piping in the crawl space has multiple issues hire a pro, the way that was piped looks like a homeowner did it

Author: bernabeu (SC)

........ a drunken, blind, moronic home-owner ........

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: hj (AZ)

Or an unhandy, handyman.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.