Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Washing machine box manufacturers. Your recommendations?
Author: ericsarratt (NC)

I need a washing machine box that comes with valves.

I found a number of different manufacturers: Tectite, Eastman, Oatey, Sioux Chief, Danco, Highcraft, Efield.

Are there some manufacturers I should avoid? Is there one manufacturer's product that is better than the others?

Or are they all basically the same?

Thank you for the help.

Edited 2 times.

Re: Washing machine box manufacturers. Your recommendations?
Author: packy (MA)

[www.lowes.com]

this one appears that you can change the valves without opening the wall

Author: bernabeu (SC)

nope

Box is made of high impact polystyrene

Washing machine outlet box provides an attractive finish to any laundry room

Plastic box and cover plate are white to coordinate with any decor

Quadtro box design allows for top, offset, or center drain opening

Box includes two 1/4 turn brass-ball Valves, 1/2-in PEX connection

Box allows for a 2-in drain hose

Box dimensions: 8-3/4 In. W x 7-1/2-in H x 3-5/8-in D

Faceplate dimensions: 11-3/4-in W x 10-1/8-in H

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Curly (CA)

I try and use the Watts Duo-cloz washing machine valve. I have had good luck with this valve over the years.

[www.watts.com]

You can replace the entire valve by just unscrewing the 2 stainless steel screws, remove body and install new one. No opening of wall etc.

This valve does not fit all washing machine boxes. Some boxes come with a copy of the Watts and if I remember correctly it is not interchangeable. I stick to Watts so I can get a replacement down the road.

Most of the of washing machine valve boxes that I come across do not have replaceable valves. Down the road you have to open the wall to replace. Some look replaceable but are not. Make sure yours can be replaced with off the shelf valves.

If I can not use the Watts valve, I buy a box without valves or remove the junky valves they come with, recycle them, stub up 1/2" copper into the box and install a 1/4 turn compression style washing machine valves. I like Dahl brand of valves. You can get them with red & blue handles - people like it. Thanks to Packy I seal the gap between the copper and box with silicone caulking.

[www.dahlvalve.com]

It cost a little more to do it this way, but it saves money in the long run. I'm lucky that most of my customers are not price sensitive and the ones that are... well they are somebody else's problem......

Hope this is not to confusing.

Thank you thumbs
Author: ericsarratt (NC)

Thank you. I did not realize they could not be replaced w/o ripping out the wall. I'll look into Watts.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Washing machine box manufacturers.
Author: packy (MA)

thw box i suggested does have valves that screw into adapters that are exposed.
so if you want 2 valves this one looks good
if you want a single handle then the symmons laundry box is in my opinion the best one out there

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.