Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Bathroom stopper, what missing here?
Author: Daniels67 (NY)

Hey guys, so I attached an image of my bathroom sink stopper, it obviously stopped working and I'm sure I don't have to buy a whole new piece, so it looks like the part that stops the water from going down/hold in is missing, can someone tell me what I need to buy (you'll notice it's the empty space in the pic). Thanks!

[postimg.cc]

Re: Bathroom stopper, what missing here?
Author: hj (AZ)

There is :|"something"', but I cannot tell what, because there are many different styles, that connects the end of the "rod" to the pop up piece.

Yes, this is true, should I just bring it to the plumbing store near me? Just wanted to know what to ask for so I don't go into the store and have them look at me like I "really" don't know what I'm talking about

Author: sum (FL)

This is a picture showing all the pieces in a "popup drain assembly" consist of.

You have the stopper, you have the pivot rod that goes into the drain tailpiece, you seem to be missing the lift rod and the clevis strap. The clevis strap is quite generic, the lift rod is specific to faucet as the length, diameter and finish need to match the faucet.

Author: hj (AZ)

That may not help,since those parts are not "generic" and if they do not recognize the manufacturer, they will not be able to you the part you need, since it has to be the correct length, plus other dimensions as well.

Author: Curly (CA)

It looks very similar to a Hansgrohe brand pop-up drain assembly.

Pop-up typically comes with the faucet and is unique to the faucet.

Look for brand on the faucet, then find faucet, then find missing part.

On a Hansgrohe faucet, the part that is missing is generally made out of plastic, screws into bottom of stopper with a hole through the other end for the pivot rod - like Sums drawing. Sometimes it is made out of brass.

Did you look down the drain for the missing part ?

PS - make sure the threads in the stopper are still good....

Re: Bathroom stopper, what missing here? clap

All good advice, thanks everyone

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.