Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Bath valve stem question
Author: Daniels67 (NY)

Hello, So I finally was able to remove the old valve stem that has been stuck for a while and pulled out this:

[postimg.cc]

Which looks nothing like this part that I see everywhere:

[postimg.cc]

So it's obvious the new one will not fit, went to 2 plumbing stores today and neither one was familiar with the newer stem that came with the three knob set. I find it hard to believe since every video you see shows the new stem valve (Second pic) any help will be appreciated, can't imagine having to break through the entire wall to change the fitting so the new stem valve will fit.....smh

Re: Bath valve stem question
Author: steve (CA)

There's probably a hundred of faucet manufacturers and thousands of models. You need to proper valve stem that goes with your exact faucet model. Do you know the make/model of the faucet? Can you provide pictures of the handles and trim? Also, how many splines are on the stem?

Author: bernabeu (SC)

[www.arpny.com] contact/upload image

sales@nyrpcorp.com - contact with photo

good luck

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Thanks for the response, this is the one I purchased:

[postimg.cc]

Thank you very much, I will be reaching out

Author: hj (AZ)

none of it will work.

Sorry in advance for my inexperience but are you telling me there is no way to change my bath knobs? Even though every bath know set comes with the same set up? Hard to accept that, experienced or not it does not sound right, what would be the option if I need to change the knobs? There has to be an alternative it has to be able to be done.

You need to get handles that fit the spline count and diameter, as well as the length of the stem shaft of the stems you have. The ones you purchased are for a PricePfister brand shower valve, which is a very popular brand/model.

Thanks Steve, what is the best way to go about getting the specs how should I measure?

Yours appears to have 20 splines. Concinnity has a 20 spline stem that looks like yours. A listing on the big "rainforest" site states this stem also fits "1/2" Cold ceramic cartridge LF 20point Euro Broac fits: Jado 599/151 ,H960136.191 ,Symmons KN113 ,Franke 9146 ,Grohe 45.883 ,Newport 1-005 ,Santec P0419 ,Tabisa 001.081.090R ,Concinnity VB1001C ,Broadway 26.58351.000"

Thanks Steve appreciate it but the cartridge I have is fine, I am just looking to change the bath knob handles, wouldn’t I need an extension to come out further to be able to put the knob on? Like the kit I purchased but a kit that comes with that cartridge?

Author: bernabeu (SC)

the handles are NOT generic

each fixture manufacturer has a proprietary handle design, AND different designs for different 'models'

you need to accertain the make and model of what you actually have to see what 'trim' is available for that SPECIFIC valve body

you 'may', or may not, be able to 'fit on' a universal aftermarket handle set BUT said sets can be very very problematic 'down the road'

good luck

[www.bing.com]

a licensed, bonded, insured plumber may be your best friend at this point

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

Those stems, because they are NOT a "popular" model, do not come in complete sets.

Is there a way to put an extension on this? Just really looking for an emergency fix at the moment

Author: packy (MA)

some companies make extensions and some don't.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.