Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Toilet not fully flushing despite fill valve replacement/adjustment
Author: billyjay (VA)

Hey guys, first time poster.. our downstairs toilet is not fully flushing and it started a few months ago and really hasn’t improved ever since with the exception of an occasionally decent flush. I replaced the fill valve and have tried adjusting the chain and all of the settings on the valve without success. I’m at a loss and trying to figure out if there could be other reasons for this. I’ve also tried cleaning out the jet, using dish soap, etc to no avail. Is there anything else I’m missing here? Could the issue be the level I installed the fill valve at when I initially installed it?

As you can see w/ the first flush in the linked video, sometimes it flushes decently, but more often than not (9+ of 10 flushes) it flushes like the 2nd flush.

HELP! Thanks everyone!

[share.icloud.com]

Re: Toilet not fully flushing despite fill valve replacement/adjustment
Author: sozoal (CA)

its the jet hole in the bottom of the bowl, use a small screwdriver and poke into that Hole and remove the mineral buildup, you might consider changing the flapper too and make sure the water level in the bowl reaches it optimal level.

Author: NoHub (MA)

You can see the "cleaning tablet" to the right of the tank all broken up. I would say a good size piece of that flowed into the jet hole. Put a clove on and stick your finger in there and see if you feel anything moving around in there.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

Glove

but

ditto

plus

you need to get a STIFF 'bottle brush' to 'ream out' the jet hole

just be careful if using metallic tools to 'clear' hole

(if there IS a tablet piece it will 'eventually' dissolve)

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Author: bsipps (PA)

Have you tried to dump a 5 gallon bucket of water down the bowl

Thanks so much clap
Author: billyjay (VA)

Thank you guys so much! I will try to clean it out and see if that works and will let you guys know. Really appreciate it. I’m always so astounded by how willing people are to help out and advise homeowner rookies like myself. It’s definitely a nice/refreshing counterbalance to the myriad trolls floating around the internet. Thanks again everyone, will circle back…

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.