Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Flume smart home leak monitor
Author: Tom the Elder (CA)

My water provided is offering a $25 rebate for the Flume leak monitor. It is a sensor that straps to the water meter. It will send a notification to my phone if it detects a leak. The cost is $90 + $10 shipping, so total cost is $75 after the rebate. Since it does not actually connect to the piping it cannot shut of the water if a leak is detected but those that do cost $500+ not including install by a plumber.

Does anyone have experience with these? Are they worthwhile or is the water company pushing them because they get a cut of the profit?

Re: Flume smart home leak monitor
Author: hj (AZ)

WEll, it MAY tell you there is a problem,if the leak is bad enough, but what do you do then? Go home, call someone who has a key or can turn off the water meter? Unless you have a "plan B" it has no benefit.

Author: Tom the Elder (CA)

The claim is that the monitor can detect even a small leak - like a dripping faucet. In the past I have found leaks in my irrigation system that were a lot bigger than that and appeared to have been ongoing for weeks. Knowing to fix those sooner would be good. For me, the main motivation is that my plumbing is 70 year old galvanized. I am trying to wait a couple more years before repiping, until some other upcoming major expenses are done. If the sub-floor piping starts to leak, hopefully this unit will alert me long before the problem is catastrophic. I went ahead and ordered one so I should know soon how sensitive it is. I will try to remember to post an update in a couple of weeks.

Author: bofot (IL)

Where did you get this? I like buying such kinds of smart devices for the home. Even though smart devices are more expensive, they help you save money from paying bills. For example, last year, I installed color-changing light bulbs at home. They are using less energy to light up your room than a regular light bulb, and another advantage is that they can light in any color you want. I have an app on my phone to choose any color and level of light directly on the phone. I think it is a very comfortable feature
___________________________-
[www.vont.com]

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.