Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 No hot water
Author: DayMan93 (TN)

Hello I have a reliance water heater 650dors 210 and a few days ago while my wife was about 5 minutes in the shower and I heard a very loud pop noise come from the water heater and once she got out she said there was the hot water disappeared, I checked the kitchen sink for hot water and nothing. What do i do?

Re: No hot water
Author: packy (MA)

you have no hot water or the water is not hot?

I have water but no hot water. Cold water gets really cold as normal and the hot water on is just cold water that doesn't get any warmer or colder

Author: bsipps (PA)

Sounds like the element needs to be replaced or if the heater is more than 8yrs old you should buy a new one, is there a mixing valve installed?

Edited 1 times.

I don't know. I have no knowledge about water heaters. But is an element change difficult?

And I would like to add that ever since that happened I haven't heard the water heater at all it's been quite usually it makes a random slight popping noise when it would heat up but I know that's normal just wanted to give all the info I can on it

Author: bsipps (PA)

An element change is not difficult if you have the right tools I'm sure there is a you tube video on it they are basically the same for any brand water heater do you have a picture of the water heater

[i.postimg.cc] this is a pic of my water heater

Author: bernabeu (SC)

a disaster just waiting for the most inoportune time

the T-P Relief valve is NOT piped to a safe location

should it actually perform its intended function it will FLOOD the premises

YOU NEED A PLUMBER NOW

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Well you can thank whoever built the house. My laundry room is a mess because it's so packed in there I can barely open my dryer without my back on the valve. How do you tell which element is bad?

by testing the elements with an electrical 'multi-meter' for both continuity and resistance (measured in ohms)

then one tests the thermostats

then .......................................

if the heater is over 8 years old it is simpler (and probably cheaper) to simply replace

ps. YOU are now the owner/builder ..... it is now YOUR responsibility to ensure proper piping as per code

Actually I AM NOT A HOME OWNER. I rent so don't be quick to assume and don't come at me talking about keeping my codes up to date. I have no knowledge of water heaters.

Edited 1 times.

if you are a renter the LANDLORD needs to spend the $$$$$

should you feel the need, open an escrow account at your bank, pay your rent to said account

let the judge ORDER your landlord to fix the REQUIRED water heater

YOU will have paid your rent in full

BEST OF LUCK

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.