Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 New dishwasher hookup
Author: Tom the Elder (CA)

A new Bosch dishwasher is on order. The supply line for the existing machine is 3/8-inch O.D. copper. All of the supply lines offered for this machine are 3/8 stainless steel. The photo below* shows the existing angle stop with the copper line extending down and a stainless steel line extending horizontally. Am I correct that the new stainless 3/8 stainless line will connect to this angle stop?

*Sorry about photo quality - best I could do.

p.s. I am not going to tackle using copper - Machine is for my mother-in-law so I am happy for her to pay for store installation with stainless.

Edited 1 times.

Re: New dishwasher hookup
Author: bernabeu (SC)

don't worry - be happy

yes, the 's/s' braided over vinyl tube supply will attach juuusst fine

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: bsipps (PA)

Most dishwashers come with a 3/4 hose bib connection you may have to purchase a 3/4x3/8 dishwasher elbow to connect to the dishwasher and a 5' ss flex

Author: Tom the Elder (CA)

Thanks for responses.

bsipps, website offered 3 alternatives for supply tube. All are 3/8 at one end and vary at other end (including 3/8) so I assume the Bosch machine has a 3/8 connect.

Author: NP16 (OR)

Just got and installed my new Bosch dishwasher yesterday.

It was a hose thread connection located on the back of the unit. Provided in the packaging was the necessary hose x 3/8" brass 90 connector. The braided water line was supplied too. It also came with a power cord that simply plugs into the back of the unit. It would be helpful to the installers if the power for the DW is correctly labeled at the breaker.

From my experience as a plumber some installers will not do the install if the shut off valve is not working as it should. I would recommend removing the existing water supply line prior to their arrival and testing the shut off valve. Might be a good time to upgrade to a new valve.

Normal mode is over a 2 hour wash. Kind of shocking really that it takes so long but they are the engineers!

Author: viktorlovisa (NJ)

I use Siemens dishwasher help

Edited 2 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.