Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 aerator adapter for PUR water filter to Moen kitchen faucet
Author: obersetzen (NY)

I am looking for help finding the right aerator adapter for a Moen kitchen faucet in order to connect it with a PUR water filter. The aerator adapter should be as close as possible to the following specs:

Water filter side:
- externally threaded
- width: 55/64in=0.859375in (27-internally threaded)
- height: at least 0.130in
- pitch: 0.037in

Faucet side:
- externally threaded
- width 0.995in
- ideal height: 0.542in
- gap between grooves: 0.05 inches

Further info that may be potentially relevant:

The kitchen faucet is a Moen 7100 level post-2009 version. The aerator is recessed, and can be removed from the faucet spout only with a special key. The metal aerator housing is 0.995in wide and 0.542in tall.

The PUR filter model numbers as indicated on the unit are: PMF270G, PFM280K, PMF300V, PFM350V, PFM360F, PFM400H, PFM410V, PFM4505
The lot code as indicated on the package: 05520NKG

The built-in adapter of the PUR filter has the following specifications as per PUR customer service:
Built in Adapter 55/64" -27-Internally threaded adapter
Pitch- 0.037" (0.94 mm)

None of the adapters supplied by PUR will work because they are all too narrow. The widest among them is still too small and it has the following specs:
Adapter 4 15/16" -27-Externally threaded adapter (0.9375in) Pitch- 0.037" (0.94 mm)

I previously bought an adapter with the following specs:

Male M24 x 1 - Male 55/64 - 27 Lead Free Adapter for Std Size Cache Aerators.

It fits on the water filter side, but unfortunately it doesn't fit on the faucet side. This is because the diameter of this adapter is 0.942 inches on the faucet side, while the diameter of the metal ring of the aerator in my faucet is 0.995 inches as mentioned above. The gap between the grooves of the adapter I received is 0.04 inches. The gap between the grooves of the metal ring of the aerator in my faucet is 0.05 inches.

Pictures with measurements of the water filter and of an adapter that connects with it but not with the faucet:

[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]

Re: aerator adapter for PUR water filter to Moen kitchen faucet
Author: bsipps (PA)

I would start with pur website they should make an aerator to fit

PUR doesn't make any adapters that fit. Those that came with the filter didn't fit. I ordered an additional kit of adapters from PUR and none of them fit. I contacted PUR customer service and they confirmed that they don't make any adapters other than those I already tried.

Author: bsipps (PA)

The 7100 is moons new aerator design try contacting morn to see if they make an adapter that will retrofit the old the phone number is 1800 buy moen

Author: bernabeu (SC)

best of luck

[www.amazon.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

thank you bsipps and bernabeu, I'll try these suggestions and report back

Edited 1 times.

Author: KingLion (MO)

Hi! I'm interested, does this adapter would be suitable for connection to under sink filter like this - [houseandbeyond.org]
Thanks in advance!

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.