Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 More on inspector failed sub repipe job
Author: ericsandstone (TX)

Inspector notes on repipe -

1) Make hosebibs rigid.
2) All pipes in exterior walls must be insulated and 5' past exterior walls.
3) All hot water piping elsewhere must be insulated.
4) All piping must be secured every 6'.

I am having problems with getting things right. Pex lines were not run with enough slack to move them to one
side of bays and secured. We cooked up cutting 2 x 4's to a length, drilling pilot holes, and running screws
through to secure on sides. Seems other than productive. A better method available?

They also ran an abomination to feed a fixture near the washer and dryer. A tee is in a wall and out comes a
pex line, 1/2" which is 20" long and supported to nothing.This is a couple of inches below the back of the
washer or dryer. There is an electric outlet behind the run and in the middle of it... one possible point
to secure the run to. Maybe 2 wood stand offs put in with toggle bolts and secure goofy run with plastic
clamps?

The points of termination "through walls to fixtures" are not secured. This seems a common thing. What passes
For professional support wise? What contraption?

All advice appreciated!

Edited 1 times.

Re: More on inspector failed sub repipe job
Author: packy (MA)

pictures please..

Author: Tom130 (IL)

I use these a lot for supporting pipe.

[www.siouxchief.com]

Author: bruceb3 (MI)

Hopefully, you didn't pay the bill before you noticed these issues. Sounds like handyman stuff. It's always good policy to get an upfront proposal detailing that everything will be installed to code. Always check the job before paying the final balance. That way they have an incentive to do the job right the first time.
By the way, no good plumber will get offended by asking to see his license. It's sad to say, but in 35 years, I don't recall anyone asking to see my license, other than an inspector.

Author: hj (AZ)

I never had anyone ask for my license, or any other documentation, in 65+ years.

Author: ericsandstone (TX)

Tom

I like those brackets. Used them in new construction.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.