Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Laundry sink
Author: billwatson (MT)

Adding a laundry sink to the laundry room. Need to install supply lines and drain. I can tap into the lines going to and from the water right next to where the sink will be. A cleaner way would be to run lines up from the back of the sink to a pair of lines overhead. Thinking of using Pex to tie into the copper lines. For the drain, need to tie into the pvc drain pipe for the washing machine. I've got decent skills and can follow directions, but would need to borrow or buy the tools needed. What fitting would I use to tie into the supply lines - need to cut the lines and add a T. I will add horizontal 2x4s between the studs for the hangar strip to mount to. Thanks for any and all help. [photos.app.goo.gl]

Re: Laundry sink
Author: packy (MA)

tie the water lines into the stubs at the ceiling .
as for the drain..
since the dryer vent is outside the wall, i would run the PVC outside as well.
cut the 2 inch just below the offset and then offset it again but roll the offset so the piping is outside the wall.
stack 2 sanitary tees ontop of eachother.
lower one being a full size 2 inch san tee and higher one being a 2 x 2 x 1 1/2. put a 2 inch cleanout tee right there. reduce the top of the cleanout fitting to 1 1/2 and offset back into the wall for the vent.

Re: Laundry sink smile
Author: billwatson (MT)

All done. Sharkbite fittings worked great - two for connecting to the copper supply lines, and two with shut off valves to connect the pex to the faucet lines. The PVC drain cluster*#@^ was a bit tricky, but I took my time* and got it right. There's little margin for error with PVC & the primer & glue. For the sink drain, I used a 2.5in hole saw for the stud. The exhaust pipe for the dryer will get reconfigured once we get a dryer. *good thing I wasn't paid by the hour for this job!

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.