Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Milwaukee 2473-22 Propress Fittings Advice
Author: schwansa67 (WI)

I want to pull the trigger and purchase the Milwaukee M12 propress 2473-22 compact copper press tool. I understand the jaws are Viega. But, will Nibco and other brands of fittings work, and not leak? I know there is a warranty issue crossing manufacturers, but Nibco has lower priced fittings. Also, can you press onto K or L soft copper if in a situation? How close can you install fittings together - is there a minimum length? Theres not a lot of specific info that I could find online in regards to. I have been lighting the torch for 35 yrs, and getting tired of breathing in smoke haha, as well as prep work for soldering, and waiting for the water to stop dripping to solder. Thanks in advance for any hints or suggestions!

Edited 1 times.

Re: Milwaukee 2473-22 Propress Fittings Advice
Author: bsipps (PA)

I will start by saying I LOVE PROPRESS, with that out of the way there is no minimum length butt to butt is fine

Yes you can press soft copper up to 1.5 cts

Any press head will work with any fitting as long as it's the same size of course

And yes they sell brass stiffiners to insert inside of copper fin baseboard heat so it can be presses

Also at least in my area (Philadelphia) you are allowed to use press fittings underground

Negatives... sometimes they will leak and when they do they can be repressed I've had luck wrapping a single layer of scratch cloth around the fitting and repressing it usually works

Re: Milwaukee 2473-22 Propress Fittings Advice
Author: NoHub (MA)

The RIDGID RP 241 PROPRESS KIT has a "life time" warranty but other than that it's the same as the M12.You can press 1/2 & 3/4" gas/Pex and of course copper. it will pay for its self on the 1st good sized job you do. oh just one thing.. don't buy cheap ball valves ($5.00),I've been having a lot of leaks with cheap press fitting...never a problem with Viega/webstone/Apollo.

[www.youtube.com]

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.