Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 2 handle faucet repair issue
Author: sbmmm (FL)

I have a 2 handle bathroom sink faucet made by Jado. There was a slow drip at the spout and I determined it was happening through the hot handle.

There wasn't any evidence that the handle area was leaking so I believed the top o-ring of the cartridge was working and either the internal mechanism of the cartridge or the seat seal was the cause of the leak. So, I need a new hot side cartridge, right?

Ok. I bought the appropriate replacement part online, like this one - [www.americanstandard-us.com]#

I put it back together and there is no leak up from the hot handle, but the drip at the spout is even worse now. I fully tightened the cartridge into its seat without any observable problem. Did I do something wrong? Could I solve it another way? Add lubricating silicone on the bottom seat? Any thoughts?

Re: 2 handle faucet repair issue
Author: steve (CA)

Can you switch hot and cold cartridges and see if the leak follows the cartridge or stays on the hot side?

Good idea. I'll try and see if the housing for the cartridge on the hot side is the cause. I'll make the cartridge switch tomorrow and see. Thanks.

I wasn't able to deal with this faucet since the last post, but a change has occurred.

Without doing anything for 36 hours, the hot side handle still allows a drip at the spout, but the rate has noticeably changed. It was leaking at a rate of one drip every 4 seconds at first installation, but now, after a few open/closing actions during that 36 hours, the rate is now one drip every 40 seconds. Obviously, I need it to completely stop the leaking, but the change is noteworthy.

Does this behaviour change point towards a possible cause?

Author: steve (CA)

Not to me.

Author: packy (MA)

as rubber washers and "O" rings get wet (from a totally dry stage) they swell up a tiny bit. so sometimes a dry faucets innards will drip a little when first turned on but get better as the parts get wet.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.