Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 BrassCraft flex faucet connector replacement washers
Author: Awash406 (MT)

I have several BrassCraft B8-A series 1/2" FIP to 1/2" FIP braided polymer faucet connectors in use and am now witnessing failures of the washers resulting in small leaks. Removing a washer for inspection reveals that the material making them up is becoming hard and no longer allowing a good seal. This includes connectors used on cold water supplies.

Not being able to locate any replacement washers through local distribution I contacted BrassCraft and was told that they would send a free package of them. Waiting a month for delivery I again contacted them and was told that they do not offer replacement washers for these fittings.

Closer inspection of the "fine print" on the product label reveals that these products are (naturally) made in China. The washers are obviously of a unique design and any typical available items will not fit. The ultimate result is that one has to purchase the entire product to simply replace a small cost washer if it were available.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with this manufacturer?

Re: BrassCraft flex faucet connector replacement washers
Author: packy (MA)

i can't tell you how many flexible sink supplies i have installed over the years ? hundreds and hundreds for sure.
i have never had the problem you are having ??
anyway, there are lots of cone shaped washers meant for that application.
take one out and bring it to a plumbing supply house. they are a common item and should be very cheap.

Author: Awash406 (MT)

Thank you, packy.

Good direction to take.

The only problem I may hit is that these connector washers have a recess in the back (wide flat portion) that clears a flange on the end of the line down inside the nut. But I will look around to see what I can find.

Author: packy (MA)

as i said a slight difference in shape should make no difference.
as long as the cone shape doesn't slide all the way into faucet shank.
it must be larger the the ID of the shank.
it then compresses as you tighten and completely fills the void.

Author: bruceb3 (MI)

If the washer at that end is failing, think about the rest of the supply. Replace the whole supply. Why take a needless risk? A new supply is about $5. or less.

Author: bruceb3 (MI)

Inside that braid is a thin latex hose. It's deteriorated, too. I would'nt trust it.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.