Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Grohe Ladylux Pro leaking into cabinet...
Author: David B (AZ)

I have two, 6 year old Grohe Ladylux Pro pull out spray/spout kitchen faucets. One is on the main sink and one is on my prep sink. The one on the prep sink is leaking into a very tight island cabinet. I have a granite top with a 3/4 plywood sub top so I can't see exactly where it's coming from...plus, I don't fit into tight spaces like I used to! The water is not coming from standing water on the deck. It's coming down the center of the valve body. Curiously, I turned off the hot water angle stop and it quit leaking. I reasoned it must not be the pull out hose/spout and that it was the the hot water connection to the valve body. That worked for 2 weeks and now the cold side is leaking and visible at the same spot. Could it be the cartridge leaking into the body? My only other thought is that the factory connections to the body have failed? I didn't install it so I don't know how the supply flex ties into the valve body. Any info you have would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: Grohe Ladylux Pro leaking into cabinet...
Author: hj (AZ)

Usually, that type of leak is caused by a broken outlet hose to, or at, the nozzle. Pull the hose out all the way and turn on the water to see if the hose is leaking.

Thanks for the input HJ but it worked for 2 weeks with the hot off and just the cold on. We used it multiple times a day. Any other thoughts?

Author: packy (MA)

Our great sponsor has a section with exploded views of grohe products.
one gives a view of the faucet you ask about.
there doesn't seem to be much that can go wrong except the cartridge or the hot/cold inlet hoses.
[www.plumbingsupply.com]

Author: hj (AZ)

Turn the hot off, open the hot faucet, turn on the cold. If the hot connection is broken, this will cause it to leak.If so, you probably have to contact Grohe about a new faucet.

Author: steve_g (CA)

FWIW, I have a Grohe Ladylux that the hoses failed, and I couldn't find replacements. The faucet has 8mm chrome-plated brass tubes that terminate in an 8mm flex-hose connector. I took the faucet out, cut the chrome tubes (in different locations to facilitate reinstalling it) and used 5/16" x 3/8" compression unions (5/16" = 8mm). It worked for this frugal plumber.

Re: Grohe Ladylux Pro leaking into cabinet... clap

An update...
I ordered a new cartridge and it arrived yesterday. When I went to replace it, I found the 2 screws that hold it in place were very loose. I tightened them and problem solved! Water velocity causing a slight vibration that loosens the screws? Vibration from the disposal? House built on the grave of a dead plumber? How this happened I'll never know.
Thanks everyone for your help on this

Edited 1 times.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

i vote for grave of a dead plumber

the one who replaced the cartridges leaving the screws loose

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

yeah, they buried a dead plumber in the same trench as the utilities.

Edited 1 times.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

hopefully 18" below the potable water supply

tongue sticking out smiley

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.