Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 garden hose -> kitchen faucet
Author: Nealc (CA)

Hi

I tried adding this to my previous post on this but I think that post is buried since it was a few months ago..

I haven't been able to get the right size connectors to connect 2 of these kitchen faucet supply hoses to my garden hose for my outdoor sink. I've tried a number of different sizes, as recommended earlier, but none of them fit right. Im also looking for non-lead since this is for washing dishes. Can anyone help me find the right connectors to connect 2 of these hoses to my garden hose for my outdoor sink:

Thanks!

Re: garden hose -> kitchen faucet
Author: hj (AZ)

WE do not know what that hose is, or what the faucet connections are. But, essentially, you need a brass female hose to (some kind of pipe connection) at the faucet.

Author: packy (MA)

dishwasher elbow to adapt from hose to 3/8 compression.
3/8 x 3/8 supply hose to go from the elbow to a 3/8 compression tee
2 flexible supplies to go from faucet shanks to 2 ports on the tee.
[www.homedepot.com]
[www.homedepot.com]
the link i provided was the wrong fitting.
this is the tee you want.
toss the nuts and connect the small end of the faucet supplies to the tee. the tee is made for 3/8 "OD" tubing to fit 'into' the ends.
this is the tee you want.

Edited 1 times.

Author: Nealc (CA)

Hi

Yes I've gotten 3/8 but they're too small. That's why I'm posting again and why i took the photo with the ruler. These don't screw together because the threads don't reach the grooves.

Author: sum (FL)

was this hose's female end as pictured connected to a stop valve's outlet? or is this the other end that was connected to the faucet's stem under the sink?

Author: bernabeu (SC)

? metric faucet ?

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Curly (CA)

I think it might be 7/16" compression.

I believe this is west coast thing. I have only worked on the west coast, specifically Southern California .....so there's that.

Never been a lot of fittings available in 7/16".

I found this adapter that will get you to 3/8" female compression if I'm interpreting the description correctly.

[www.homedepot.com]

If you have a local hardware store/plumbing supply store they maybe able to help you better than a big box. They might have a sample board with the different sizes threads that you could try your supply line on.

Off the top of my head the only 7/16" fitting generally available were angle stops with 7/16" outlet - if you could find one of these you could verify the size.

Fluidmaster makes a supply line that comes with adapter to 7/16", I think it is going the wrong way for your application -

[www.fluidmaster.com]

If you use the Fluidmaster supply line with the 7/16" adapter you'll have to use a 7/16" x 7/16" compression union which our sponsor sells..

[www.plumbingsupply.com]

You will use this union to join your supply to the fluidmaster adapter which will get to 1/2" female pipe thread.

I may not be following the whole story here but wouldn't just be easier to get a new faucet with normal size supply lines?

Author: lodavyes (Canada)

Just looking at the picture will not help us determine the type of connectors. I recommend that you go with the hose to the store and show the salesperson what you want. Or write to online stores; their salespeople will find the part you want from the picture. I recently ordered some high-quality garden furniture [www.gardenfurniture.co.uk] . I decided I would assemble it myself, but my cat scattered many parts around the yard. I realized that I was missing a few parts in the process, so I wrote to a consultant for help. He was happy to help me, and I got the missing parts.

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.