Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Hose For Turkey Fryer
Author: tweeter712 (LA)

I need a new regulator and hose. My old regulator is a model RJ-A and the hose is a Wanan ULL0251 5/16" 1PSIG Max W.P. MH45932 2Q/13. The exterior of the nut on the end of the hose that connects to the fryer is 1/2" and the part on the turkey where the nut goes on is 3/8." Could anyone please tell me if this one from Amazon will fit? I tried to post the link, but couldn't, all I could do was copy and paste. Thank you very much for any help.
[www.amazon.com]

Re: Hose For Turkey Fryer
Author: packy (MA)

i don't think the one you show will work..
this one says it will fit 3/8 pipe.
[www.homedepot.com]

Author: hj (AZ)

When you tell the sizes, are those flare fitting or pipe sizes, because the two are VERY different.

I am talking about the nut that is on the side of the hose that connects to the turkey fryer. The inside diameter of the nut is 3/8 of an inch.

note the difference.
this fitting is 3/8 pipe size by 3/8 flare.
as hj said, vastly different.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

you need to determine the TYPE of connection, not merely the actual dimension of the 'hardware'

eg. a 1/4 flare nut and a 3/8 (f)npt will be very very similar, but, watch out for a LOUD boom sound if misapplied

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Someone has a regulator and hose that I can have. The threads inside the nut on THAT hose that connects to my fryer is 5/8 of an inch, and it needs to be 3/8." Is there an adapter that can make this work?

if i'm understanding you correctly, you need one of these.
it is called...3/8" Female Inverted Flare to 3/8" NPT Male Adapter

it looks like this..

Thanks. I need one that has 5/8'' on the male side, and 3/8" on the female. Do I need to use sealant tape anywhere? Thanks for all the help.

one uses 'tape' or 'pipe dope' on TAPERED pipe threads (npt or ips) but NONE on an untapered mechanical threads used merely for 'joining' and/or applying pressure to a compression, flare, or gasketed connection

if you do not CLEARLY understand the above STOP and perform no work on flammable gas piping

my mistake

i gave you the wrong name for the fitting you need.
it should be 3/8 Female Flare x 3/8 Male (MIPS) Adapter.

i don't do that much with flared tubing so i go confused.

this one is 1/2 inch on both sides but you want 3/8 on both sides.
damn if i can find one for you ..

may have to go to a propane supplier and put a couple of fittings together.

[www.amazon.com]

Re: my mistake

by all means, tell the OP to 'cobble a few fittings together' for use with flammable gasses

OR

purchase the proper hose at a propane supply house

hey if the guy wants to use the free hose his friend gave him even if it means making up a couple of fittings, then, ours is not to reason why..

tongue sticking out smiley

i was bored enough to spend 90 seconds on a 'search'

[www.ereplacementparts.com]

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.