Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Good idea or not
Author: RR60 (VA)

Any opinions on these a new product called nuflush extension tubes?

basically a extension tube for the overflow tube on a toilet.

Have a few rental properties, And most have AS cadet 3 toilets or is what we try to use.
Rare but if I have one that is at the end of the line. Seems like more water with flush would help with any soft clog's.
And the increased bowl wash would be a benefit.
Maybe less maintenance for us and cleaning for tenant.

Not a big deal but the product looks interesting

Is there any cons?

Thanks

Re: Good idea or not
Author: NoHub (MA)

Does not look like it's to code.

Author: hj (AZ)

I do not see any pictuers, but you do not want to raise it above the opening for the trip lever handle,

Author: steve (CA)

How much water is left in the tank when the flapper closes? You could install an adjustable flapper and allow it to stay open longer. If you extend the overflow, unless the current tank empties, you won't get more water per flush without changing the flapper.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

not

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: packy (MA)

isn't it funny how some things make a 180 degree turn around ?
years ago people would come up with ways to save water when flushing the toilet.
some put a coke bottle full of water in the corner of the tank.
some put a brick in there.
there were rubber partitions that slide into place so the tank would not empty.

fast forward to 2020..

incomplete flushes, while not the norm do occur.

i have a kohler wellworth out back ( i brought home from a job used)that i had to modify the flush tower lift rod.
it would not lift it high enough so it closed too early. works fine now.

so the bottom line is that if you have a toilet that you are not happy with the flush, which is more EVIL?
modify it or flush it twice?

Author: bernabeu (SC)

or simply hold the lever longer (holding the flapper up) allowing more water to empty from the tank

D'OH

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Re: Good idea or not thumbs
Author: RR60 (VA)

Thanks guys. Always great advice here. And I myself do find plumbing interesting and like to learn.

So no matter the water level it has more to do with the flapper, right?
If anything you could get a adjustable flapper and set to high. And add one of those yellow floats on the chain. That I see on some 2" flappers. To make flapper stay open even longer?

Dont think I will actually do anything since not really having any problems. But like to know.

Could have used some options when they first came out with low flow toilets. Then they really needed some extra help. Now much better designs and the low flow ones do seem to have a much stronger flush than the old 4 - 5 gal.

I also remember the days when people would say put a brick in the tank or those partitions. And could see the waste since took so much water for a flush.

Now even if you flush twice it still seems like a lot less water. The cadet 3 is 1.28 gpf. I just think it would have been even better if allowed at 2.0 gpf.

add: Just did a test for fun. Added a float to a AS oem flapper. Thought it would but did not make any difference.

So looks like the only way for more water is to hold down the handle.

Edited 2 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.