Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Over sudsing dishwasher
Author: Isolatae (MA)

Our 5 year old GE Profile Dishwasher has started spewing suds out onto the floor during operation. The seals are fine and when we open the DW the suds look like something you'd expect from normal dish washing soap (way too much suds) that you'd use at the sink - We are NOT using the wrong soap!
Is it even possible that drain water from the sink from hand washing dishes is being sucked back into the dishwasher? My plumber says no but we can't figure it out.

Re: Over sudsing dishwasher
Author: helpjoe (CO)

Too much of the correct soap can also cause excessive sudsing. Cut back on the amount on soap being used.

We've even run the wash with NO SOAP and had the same results

Author: DaveMill (CA)

Did a helpful 2-year-old dump a whole box of detergent into the bottom of the dishwasher? If so, there's detergent in the pump and hoses.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

try running 12 rinse only cycles w/o opening the unit between

excess soap begone

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

I'll try it. I'm just wondering though, aren't these things supposed to be waterproof? I mean, the suds come out of it like an episode of I Love Lucy - How do the suds get past the seals. It's only 5 years old

Author: steve (CA)

I don't recall ever seeing a DW with a seal at the bottom of the door, just sides and top. The door bottom overlaps the front of the tub. If the door sealed tight, there would be pressure and vacuum conditions created inside.

Author: DaveMill (CA)

Suds come out the door of any dishwasher when folks run it with liquid dish soap.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.