Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 3 way 1-1/2 into 4x4x2 ?
Author: Marko1 (MO)

Can I run three inch and a half lines into one two inch on a 4x4x2 wye
I have a bathroom sink a tub and a kitchen that want to run together into a 4-inch main. So I'm tapping in a 4x4x2 wye and I have a 1-1/2 x 1-1/2x1-1/2x1-1/2 triple wye and a 1-1/2 to 2 reducer. Does that sound ok?

Re: 3 way 1-1/2 into 4x4x2 ?
Author: steve (CA)

I say no. If all 3 fixtures were to drain at the same time, you would exceed the allowed fixture unit loading for 1 1/2(the outlet size of the wye). Are 1 1/2" drain pipes allowed on your sinks? Some codes require a minimum 2".
"

They are always 1-1/2 here. I'm not a plumber obviously but that's always what I've seen done. what about two 1-1/2 into a 2 inch?
If I have room I could put a 2" wye on the 4x4x2, so two could go into one and one in the other.
But it's really tight under this crawl space.
Also there would almost never be all 3 run at the same time.
It's a tiny house basically for single person or two max but of course theoretically possible.
In reality will never occur.

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

use a full size 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 double "Y" and reduce the 3 inlets to 1 1/2.

put a full size 2 inch cleanout tee as well.

Author: hj (AZ)

Codes are concerned about what COULD happen, NOT "reality".

wont' have room for a cleanout tee between the 4x4x2 and the 2x2x2x2 dbl tee
very tight crawl space
had to dig down a couple feet to fit 4x4x2 with dbl tee on top and still have fall from the 1-1/2 lines
only option would be (3) 1-1/2 cleanouts on ea run before they enter the dbl tee

darn tried to draw a picture but didn't look right on the site
anyway i have quick vents on each fixture and no plumber would ever go down that crawl space to use the cleasnouts
but they can snake from the quick vents can't they?

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

yes

Thanks Packy etal,
wow gluing up pvc in an 18" crawlspace with no air circulation sure is fun.
don't think I'll even need a coctail tonight...lol
but I'll definitely have one anyway ha ha

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.