Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 New faucet, water delayed
Author: oyster (IA)

Last week installed this new commercial faucet: webstaurantstore . com /fisher-73341-low-profile-deck-mounted-pre-rinse-faucet-with-8-centers-15-hose-10-add-on-faucet-and-wall-bracket/34073341.html
<----had to put spaces in this link b/c the forum was screening it for some reason. Remove spaces to visit.

Replaced the supply lines from the faucet to the shutoff valve when I did this.

When I turn on the water from either supply line, it is as though the seat is sticking and water refuses to come through that line. Continually moving the handle seems to jump start it, as does leaving it open for a while. Sometimes it'll come after 5 second, other times not for 30 seconds.

I've opened up each handle to check the stem and bled the line (with the handle and stem/seat removed but supplies still attached), which seemed helpful at first, but continuing to have problems.

When water does come, it is full strength. Water from one line doesn't mean that the other line automatically works. Gotta futz with both independently.

It is probably worth noting that this seat isn't fixed to the stem assembly. Instead it is a check valve stem where the seat is depressed by a spring, per this video: webstaurantstore . com/video-4980/fisher-faucet-stems.html

I'm not a plumber, but did install this myself. I am a good troubleshooter, but nothing beats experience, so asking here what you all think the problem might be.

Thoughts I've had:

A. I continue to have crap in the line and should disattach the supply from the fixture and bleed again.
B. I don't have sufficient water pressure to overcome the seal created by the stem. I can't read the actual psi on the pressure tank because the gauge dial rusted out, but it is enough to deliver passable pressure to a shower upstairs.
C. There is a small leak upstream in the faucet from where I forgot to put pipetape on a joint. I'm fixing that (had to order new nipple, got the old one stuck and can't get it out without damaging it), but possible that maybe this is creating some sort of pressure differential.
D. Something futzy about the stem itself, like the rubber seat is screwed in too tight, therefore compressed, therefore bulging, therefore sticking. Or too much grease in the wrong spot. I did clean off and then replace the grease on the stem/seat once already.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Edited 4 times.

Re: New faucet, water delayed
Author: steve (CA)

Are the angle stops multi-turn and if yes, did you check the washers in them?

Re: New faucet, water delayed
Author: Jimmer's (PA)

my kitchen faucet was doing the same...I unscrewed the areator and turned water on..I let it run for a while ..i looked at the areator and it had debris in it..( new faucet )..cleaned it and it works like a charm.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.