Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 A/C condensation line to Bath sink- connection
Author: Azwa (AZ)

There is an existing Sched 40: 3/4 inch condensation line from my A/C that I need to connect to a bath sink tailpiece. This is how it was connected previously and I checked code and it's cool (a/c pun). I've been remodeling the whole bath and of course I threw away the old connections so I'm not sure what fittings they used. So, my problem is connecting the Sched 40: 3/4 inch PVC to a dishwasher hose with 7/8 ID. I cannot for the life of me find a 3/4 PVC fitting that has a 7/8 inch barb for the dishwasher hose. I can't find a barb of that kind on anything other than on a tailpipe or garbage disposal. Any ideas on how to connect 7/8 dishwasher hose to 3/4 PVC?

Re: A/C condensation line to Bath sink- connection
Author: packy (MA)

the connection to the 3/4 pvc does not need to be barbed.
there is no pressure involved here.
any rubber or vinyl hose that will fit over 3/4 pvc and tightened with a good quality stainless hose clamp will never leak.
then the hose may fit loosely onto the barbed tailpiece end but should snug right down with a hose clamp.
remember the key words here are 'no pressure'.

Author: steve (CA)

Have you tried heating the hose and see if it will stretch over the pvc? You could transition the pvc to 3/4 copper and the 7/8 will clamp to the copper with no problem.

yeah, there is one european DW out there that comes with its own proprietary hose that doesn't fit any of our barbs.
you need to eat a can of spinach for lunch to push the hose onto something.
BTW, here is a dishwasher tailpiece with no barbs.
they are common and used all the time. never have a problem.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

[www.spadepot.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Re: A/C condensation line to Bath sink- connection clap
Author: Azwa (AZ)

I greatly appreciate all of you taking the time to answer my post. The answer that helped put this baby to bed? 3/4 inch Copper Pipe has the right diameter for the 7/8 ID of the Dishwasher hose. Also, the reminder that this is not under pressure. Thank you again all!

Edited 1 times.

so then you want a 3/4 inch pvc female adapter and a 3/4 copper male x street adapter.
no soldering necessary.

note... the copper end of the adapter is size of the tubing. 7/8 OD.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.