Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Best drain snake
Author: Chief (OH)

I’m maintenance in several high rise apt buildings and it’s time for me to buy a big drain snake. Problem is I have an old 7/8” 125’ real electric snake that is old and done. One bldg needs a slightly smaller cable due to a few 90s in the drain run. I actually need a 1/2” cable for one bldg and 3/4” for another and around 100’. What’s your best advice on buying one that can change drums or do I have to buy 2?

Re: Best drain snake
Author: hj (AZ)

I have been using a Burton Power SNake, with 2 drums, for 50 years and it has ALWAYS done the job. Without a power feed it quickly breaks down into 2 pieces for easy portability.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

[www.spartantool.com]

Medium-weight machine with heavy-duty power for 3" - 6" lines up to 200' when used with second drum
Compact design allows operation in tight spaces and fits through the narrowest doorways
Permanent Magnet gear-reduced quiet motor with watertight switch makes Spartan machines the quietest in the industry
Accepts the Model 100 drum for added flexibility

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Chief (OH)

Thank you

Author: srloren (CA)

My my Bern, have prices gone up. I bought a new 1960 Volkswagen in Germany for only $1147.00. Cost me $200.00 to ship it to New York.

Author: hj (AZ)

I never considered the 300 a "medium weight" machine. you would probably need a hoist to move it up and down stairs.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

a building needing a 300 most likely has elevators

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.