Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Toilet Flange Question
Author: Ebyson73 (MI)

First off, I am an amatuer, so no bashing for my ignorance. LOL I learn by jumping in. Anyway, had a busted toilet flange and buggered up the pipe a bit cutting the old one off (cut got sloppy due to flange being half below the flooring and I ended up cutting it a but low). So I was going to use a long barrel flange but here is my dilemma. I measured the pipe and it has an outside diameter of pretty close to 3.25" The long barrel flanges I found said they fit over a 3" schedule 40 pipe, which has a 3.5" O.D. from what I found online. I know there has to be a a flange to fit this since I just cut one off, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for. Plumbing novice, so I am sure I am missing something. Thanks in advance.

Re: Toilet Flange Question
Author: steve (CA)

The pipe is schedule 30. Charlotte pipe and fitting manufacturer makes fittings for schedule 30 pipe. Scroll down to page 74, for toilet flanges. Otherwise get an adapter fitting to schedule 40 and use a sch 40 flange.
[www.charlottepipe.com]

Re: Toilet Flange Question thumbs
Author: Ebyson73 (MI)

Thanks! I looked at the catalog and did not see a long barrel flange in schedule 30.
I did find a bushing on amazon. Is this what I would need: Genova Products Inc 65330 Adapter - BushingGenove[www.amazon.com]

And I assume I would glue this bushing onto the outside of the Schedule 30 pipe and then I would glue a Sched. 40 flange over top of this?

Thanks again for the help!

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

that is not what you want.

i think one of these.. [www.homedepot.com]

glued into the pipe will extend it high enough so that one of these will go around the new fitting.

[www.plumbingsupply.com]

Author: bruceb3 (MI)

Sorry Packy, that 1st link is for a thinwall coupling, not a sch.30 x sch 40 bushing. He needs the bushing, not a coupling.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

The 'Amazon' product is what you want - will convert the thinwall (scedule 30) OD to standard OD (scedule 40)

then you can use a compression flange over the bushing

smiling smiley

@packy:

Size:3" SPG x 3" Hub
3 inch adapter bushing adapts 3 inch schedule 30 to 3 inch schedule 40 and is made of PVC

tongue sticking out smiley sorta like the old 'B' Cu tube, but bass ackwards tongue sticking out smiley

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 2 times.

Author: packy (MA)

the thin wall coupling should work just fine.
it will increase the OD of the existing thin wall pipe enough so that a compression type toilet flange (made for sch 40) will tighten around it.

not to mention that the coupling should be alot easier to find than that bushing.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

? sorta like an extension bushing ?

winking smiley

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.