Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 3/8 x 3/8 shutoff valve
Author: Jimmer's (PA)

Hey...I am redoing my bathrooms in my old house and the supply water to the sinks and toilets are 3/8 pipe.
i cannot find any 3/8 male going to the braided hose to 3/8 female going to supply tubing..they say 3/8 but it's larger than 3/8.Compression fittings are hard to find ..HELP

Re: 3/8 x 3/8 shutoff valve
Author: packy (MA)

is this what you want ?
[www.homedepot.com]

YES BUT the female end needs to be the same size as what the nut is on in this picture

*** i want to cut the chrome 3/8 line and put a compression fitting on it the 3/8 to the braided water line

Edited 1 times.

so you need one of these screwed into the female end of the valve.
[www.amazon.com]

Author: LI Guy (IN)

Respectfully Packy I think he needs one of these: [www.homedepot.com]

This will attach direcly to the chrome line via 3/8" compression on the inlet side and then he can attach the braided fixture line to the 3/8" compression on the outlet side of the valve.

- - - - - - -

Not a plumber by trade but a fierce DIYer

Edited 1 times.

I WILL LOOK ONCE MORE FOR THIS, I AM CUTTING THE SUPPLY LINE NEAR FLOOR..THEN VALVE TO 3/8 BRAIDED LINE.
NEED 4 OF THESE..

Author: bernabeu (SC)

evidently the OP needs a 'coupler' to fit 3/8 PIPE

OP,

do NOT, repeat NOT cut the riser pipe from the floor UNLESS you know exactly what you are doing

you may REQUIRE one of these:

post a picture of what you are talking about

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Author: LI Guy (IN)

jimmer's
*** i want to cut the chrome 3/8 line and put a compression fitting on it the 3/8 to the braided water line

Bernabeau, chrome I assumed was 3/8" tubing, but you are correct it could be 3/8" pipe. Which if he cuts it will also need to be threaded before he can use the adapter you posted. Excellent suggestion to post a pic!

- - - - - - -

Not a plumber by trade but a fierce DIYer

i can't imagine 3/8 OD soft tubing sticking out of the floor.
it has to be mis-communication here.
if it is indeed 3/8 chrome plated brass pipe then it should be able to be unscrewed from the fitting that is below the floor.
then replace it with a 3/8 x 6 stainless nipple with the valve i posted.

Author: hj (AZ)

YOU ARE GOING TO SCREW UP unless you know what you are doing. POST A PICTURE because we have absolutley no idea what you are trying to do, and apparently you do not either.

Author: Geoff Warmouth (IA)

Do It Best has 3/8 pipe by 3/8 compression shut off valves.

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.