Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 White Rogers Aquastat
Author: m8480 (NY)

I have a gas boiler two zone hot water baseboard heat. I need to replace the aquastat which currently is a White Rogers 11b81-3. Does anyone know what part will replace this. I can’t seem to find that one anymore. Are these easy to replace?

Thanks

Edited 1 times.

Re: White Rogers Aquastat
Author: bernabeu (SC)

***OBSOLETE. NO SUGGESTED REPLACEMENT***
WHITE-RODGERS COMBO OPERATING / HIGH LIMIT CONTROL AUTO RECYCLE 140-240°F WITH 3/4 NPT WELL OEM FOR WEIL MCLAIN

11B81703

perhaps paul will chime in with a suggestion

or

you will need a pro to install another brand with MATCHING specs

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Paul48 (CT)

[www.hvacpartsupplier.com]
According to Honeywell this is the replacement. It's not that they are hard to replace, but given the current temperatures it has to be replaced correctly and quickly.I'd advise that you let a pro do it, and make sure all the baseboards are getting hot before he/she leaves.

Page 12 [customer.honeywell.com]

Edited 3 times.

Re: White Rogers Aquastat clap thumbs

Thank you

Edited 1 times.

Changed aquastat was working fine for a full day set to 180. Now boiler temp went to 190. Any thoughts to what may have happened. Weil McClain boiler.

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

did you put 'heat transfer grease' on the probe?
is the probe fully inserted?.

Edited 1 times.

Author: Paul48 (CT)

On that boiler....Is the aquastat in the boiler itself, or in the boiler piping? There was a Weil boiler that put it in the piping, and they would overshoot slightly. I wouldn't worry about 10 degrees. Test it....move it to a lower temp and make sure it's controlling.

It goes directly into the boiler. I did lower the temperature to about 175 on the aquastat. Seems to be ok shuts down at 170. Seems to be ok. I did not use the grease. Is it necessary. I do not believe it was there before. Thanks for all of the help.

It goes directly into the boiler. I did lower the temperature to about 175 on the aquastat. Seems to be ok shuts down at 170. Seems to be ok. I did not use the grease. Is it necessary. I do not believe it was there before. Thanks for all of the help.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.