Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 cellular core pvc on k sink?
Author: exapprentice30 (MA)

Can it be used on a non commercial k sink drain?

Edited 1 times.

Re: cellular core pvc on k sink?
Author: packy (MA)

since the water temperature going thru it can not exceed 140F deg, i would say better to not use it.

Is solid pvc rated for a higher temp? I may have used a couple of 4 inch cellular core pieces. I saw your message about not using for hot water. Its worked ok for a couple of years.

Edited 1 times.

Author: Palm329 (VA)

With regards to the other question about it, I ended up returning it and buying a stick of solid core. I just wasn’t comfortable using it.

Author: NoHub (MA)

The max-temp in mass is 130 so I would say yes you can and yes I use it all the time.

Its only 4 or 5 fittings and is threaded on a brass male adpt so It can be replaced if needed. I removed all the lettering with cleaner so I don t know.

Edited 1 times.

what about boiling water and cellular core pvc?

Edited 2 times.

no-hub, I'm thinking a residential dishwasher with temperature boost runs much hotter than the water coming out of the faucet ??

Author: Paul48 (CT)

Draining pasta?

Yes.

It's a lot tougher than People want to believe,I've found it on 10 year old power vented exhaust(not to code) with no sigh of failure.P.S my mom always told us to run the cold water when draining the Spaghetti.

That will work fine until a bearing starts to go on the blower and then you have a lethal situation. It boggles the mind, that anyone would vent an appliance with PVC. The appliance manufacturer may say it's OK, but when the PVC manufacturers specifically say it is not intended for that use???? Usually you'll get an argument from those that have used it.

paul, beauty is in the eye of the beholder..
I have seen some horrible smoke pipe installations on gas.
given the choice of which poses a greater risk, smoke pipe is much more prone to have problems.
not to mention some of the stainless flue pipe that seals with rubber gaskets. they want it inspected and cleaned every year. chances of that happening are slim to none and slim didn't show up.

Neither are suppose to pose that risk. One poses that risk when properly installed and brand new.

Paul,the Pvc Manufactures state it's not intended for that use for the same reason lysol,clorox and Mr clean(among others) say they kill 99.9% of Germs and not 100%...TO cover there butt's legally!!!!!,thats it.When Big Pvc says stop I will.

Author: hj (AZ)

REmember, it is the 0.01% that will kill you.

NoHub…..when you play Russian Roulette, you're suppose to aim the gun at yourself. In this case you're aiming it at families and children. There are better economical solutions than PVC. How much work do you think you would get, if you added "Not responsible to damage to your home" to the signage on your truck? The PVC manufacturers want to sell product. They would not "cover their butt" unless there was a reason to do so. They know that the melt temperature of their product is only slightly higher than the exhaust temperatures of properly operating appliances they are being attached to. This is fact, it's not open to debate. Is it worth gambling everything you have, or will ever have on using PVC? To the OP and vic...I apologize for hijacking this thread and getting off course.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.